Big Tupper Thread

It is a great idea for Ascutney. It happened because it was easy to organize the large number of townhouses ( mostly 2nd home owners) at the base of Ascutney. These owners have the drive to do something at the ski area for their own enjoyment and to regain property value. As we all know, this does not exist at Big Tupper.

Of course there is always the location. Mt Ascutney is way closer to the NE population centers and is 35 minutes from Okemo, and 45 minutes from Sunapee and the Killington Skyeship base. Within 2 hours some of the options (there are more) are Stowe, Burke, Sugarbush, Cannon, Waterville Valley, and Loon.

Big Tupper is just north of nowhere.

I used to do a trail race that used Ascutney's lodge as race HQ. Beautiful countryside, convenient to CT and Boston area.

Here’s a local NPR update on Big Tupper.
No classes senior spring semester on Thursdays at Potsdam and we were there.

Here’s a local NPR update on Big Tupper.
No classes senior spring semester on Thursdays at Potsdam and we were there.
What a huge cluster eff. It will be years before this ever gets resolved and quite possibly never resolved.

What a huge cluster eff. It will be years before this ever gets resolved and quite possibly never resolved.
Pipe Dream ! Whiteface too close , Titus has sucked the canadian market away and has its own regional following and MaCauley and The Ridge have the southern and western region covered Gore has the rest .

Nope dont bet the farm on this deal . Two chances : Slim and None

I luved BT back in the day , skied it every Monday for 13 bucks

I remember days there that were below zero for the high.
Maybe they can start something up for the townies to play on.
LP and NC get a lot of ❤️ from NYS, they could throw Tupper Lake a bone once in a while if they’re good.

I remember days there that were below zero for the high.
Maybe they can start something up for the townies to play on.
LP and NC get a lot of ❤️ from NYS, they could throw Tupper Lake a bone once in a while if they’re good.
North Creek gets diddly-squat from NYS. Lake Placid, on the other hand, gets greased with cash.

Those things are supposed to be going in at The North Creek Ski Bowl.
The town owns the land not the state. Hamlet of North Creek is in the town.
All at the ski area - if it ever happens.
Let me know when they spend $19million on anything besides the ski area - like ORDA spent on the Convention Center in the middle of Lake Placid.

Back