Belleayre Conditions

Fun day yesterday. I wasn’t sure what to expect crowd wise but not bad. I think there were more people there last Monday after the snow. They put a chicane up before the new bridge which was effective. I spent all day riding 7 because it was empty. Great snow on Goat Path - Area 51 all day. Big, soft bumps on the last pitch of Goat Path. Light snow all morning followed by a quick burst of sun followed by squalls. The drive home was crazy from Kingston through Rhinebeck due to the squalls.

Cold and firm today, crowds were not bad for MLK weekend. Sun and blue skies all day, didn't get above 20 degrees. I was pretty over it fairly early on. Snow making push is definitely in full effect, I can't think of much that wasn't open.

20240115_093458.jpg

20240115_093813.jpg

Fun day yesterday. I wasn’t sure what to expect crowd wise but not bad. I think there were more people there last Monday after the snow. They put a chicane up before the new bridge which was effective. I spent all day riding 7 because it was empty. Great snow on Goat Path - Area 51 all day. Big, soft bumps on the last pitch of Goat Path. Light snow all morning followed by a quick burst of sun followed by squalls. The drive home was crazy from Kingston through Rhinebeck due to the squalls.
We had a great day on Sunday too. Agree that Goat Path was really fun (though crowded). We found soft bumps on Peekamoose as well.

There were a lot of families learning to ski on the lower mountain, so the gondola was crowded, but we never waited for Overlook and Hawk.

Very impressed with Belle for MLK weekend.

It was nice to not see mid 30's on the thermometer when I pulled into the Overlook lot yesterday for a change. I think it was 13 at 8:00. Mixed bag yesterday. The trails that have been blown in the last few days were chalky, firm and grippy. The others were sugar over Blue ice. The blown trails held up really well all day., the others did not.

IMG_1994.jpg

Pretty nice out there today. 2” made for some soft turns. Mohawk and Onteora ROTD. Algonquin still soft from recent snowmaking, Peekamoose gunpow firmed right up.

Guns now going on Yahoo and Dot. Snowing off and on. No people.

Back