Belleayre Conditions

How did it go?
Happy to report a successful trip. The group had a great time, probably going to book it again next year. One thing though, the boot bag storage situation in the discovery lodge is pretty ridiculous. Overlook didn’t look much better when I popped in to use the facilities. What’s up with that?

Happy to report a successful trip. The group had a great time, probably going to book it again next year. One thing though, the boot bag storage situation in the discovery lodge is pretty ridiculous. Overlook didn’t look much better when I popped in to use the facilities. What’s up with that?
How was the skiing?

How was the skiing?
Fair question for a conditions thread, sorry for omitting the good stuff.

Conditions were overall quite good for what we’ve been through weather wise. Packed powder all over, scratched off surfaces in what seemed like predictable spots though not nearly as bad as it could’ve been. More loose rocks than anyone cares for in spots but managed to maneuver through it without any real issue. Trail of the day for me was Onteora, no doubt. Moguled trails were a little icy but no real issues on my end.

I hope some of you regulars can get it tomorrow! Or the other place real close by…

Last edited:
Fair question for a conditions thread, sorry for omitting the good stuff.

Conditions were overall quite good for what we’ve been through weather wise. Packed powder all over, scratched off surfaces in what seemed like predictable spots though not nearly as bad as it could’ve been. More loose rocks than anyone cares for in spots but managed to maneuver through it without any real issue. Trail of the day for me was Onteora, no doubt. Moguled trails were a little icy but no real issues on my end.

I hope some of you regulars can get it tomorrow! Or the other place real close by…
Awesome. Upper tongora and Winnosook were also nice. Everything else felt very very scratchy.

Wow,I left at 1200 there was a line of cars coming in.
I got there at 8 front row parking at the Hawk. A few runs of untracked, before the masses arrived .Around 1030 long lines at Belleayre express and the new quad. Absolute mess on the access road on the way out.People just jumping out in the middle of the road. Tons of skiers hiking up from the Post Office.
. More snow at my home in NEPA (just shy of the Delaware River) than the Catskills. Tested out my Alpine touring setup with my wife locally in the afternoon .

Absolute nightmare drive and crowds, send them back to Hunter and Windahm please.

20240107_091425.jpg

20240107_103808.jpg

20240107_112155.jpg

20240107_105503.jpg

I still had fun though, went in expecting the crowds would be heavy and I was right. Still not as bad as the most crowded days I've experienced at Hunter. Rode 9:30 to 3:30, conditions were really good until maybe 11:30 and slowly deteriorated from there due to the crowds.

Absolute nightmare drive and crowds, send them back to Hunter and Windahm please.

View attachment 22569

View attachment 22570

View attachment 22571

View attachment 22572

I still had fun though, went in expecting the crowds would be heavy and I was right. Still not as bad as the most crowded days I've experienced at Hunter. Rode 9:30 to 3:30, conditions were really good until maybe 11:30 and slowly deteriorated from there due to the crowds.
Looking at the lift lines, one would think that Fail had bought Belle.

Looking at the lift lines, one would think that Fail had bought Belle.
Full discloser both photos were taken at peak shit show. Hawk went down around 1045 for what felt like an hour right as the crowds were building. Lines tapered off after lunch time and by 2:30 you could more or less ski onto Hawk. I think a Highmount expansion is justified.

Back