Belleayre Conditions

Ooops sorry, reading comprehension issues!

The forecast looks cold all week so they are likely going to be blowing a ton of snow, Saturday should be good.

Had my first runs at Belle of the season today. There was light snow in the morning and blue skies in the afternoon. Everything skied decent though conditions were hard and fast … a big ice patch on Yahoo was claiming a lot of victims. They dropped the ropes on Tongora at the end of the day, which was great fun to lap. I’m a fan of the new quad - the middle of the mountain feels much more accessible now. The new Goat Path brings something really unique although it’s sad to see Utsayantha fenced off now.

Hoping we get a proper dumping this weekend!

IMG_8247.jpeg

Had my first runs at Belle of the season today. There was light snow in the morning and blue skies in the afternoon. Everything skied decent though conditions were hard and fast … a big ice patch on Yahoo was claiming a lot of victims. They dropped the ropes on Tongora at the end of the day, which was great fun to lap. I’m a fan of the new quad - the middle of the mountain feels much more accessible now. The new Goat Path brings something really unique although it’s sad to see Utsayantha fenced off now.

Hoping we get a proper dumping this weekend!

View attachment 22516
Hmm Utsy is fenced. I thought it was obliterated. Maybe they would change the fence to a rope. So I am saying there's a chance.

Separately, I think Belle is going to be packed this weekend. I apparently got the last room at the club, which is almost never full. I can think of maybe 10 times in 5 years that the club has bene full, and that is usually around a big calendared event or a holiday.

Guys-- I forgot where to post for meet ups, but I will plan to be overlook between 8 and 845 am Saturday and then to Platty on Sunday using my tree clearing voucher and if luck holds skiing those stashes. I think with the new lift that will be a good place for getting access. Please do let me know if that is wrong. Blue jacket, neon green helmet, and black pants as you can see from pic.

Would love to do some laps together.

Guys-- I forgot where to post for meet ups, but I will plan to be overlook between 8 and 845 am Saturday and then to Platty on Sunday using my tree clearing voucher and if luck holds skiing those stashes. I think with the new lift that will be a good place for getting access. Please do let me know if that is wrong. Blue jacket, neon green helmet, and black pants as you can see from pic.

Would love to do some laps together.
f’n covid

Day 14 today. I was expecting sun today but that never really happened. What did happen was a couple of inches of snow. Light and fluffy over fast and furious. They blew on Wanna and lower Yahoo all day. Be careful on the first left hander on Goat Path, lots of rocks. Area 51 was great today. Lower Belle Run was mostly boiler plate after 11. Hopeful for tomorrow, Wanna, Seneca and Dot should all be good with all the snow making they‘ve done in the last 24 hours.

Back