Belleayre Conditions

I’m also hearing Lift 6 is ready to open, but hasn’t yet due to staffing issues. Their seasonal help hasn’t arrived yet. I’m sure they want to have it open for the weekend so we’ll see what happens.

Wifey was there yesterday and said going left off of new 7 “looked” closed, but if you skied up to it there was a break in the rope and it was open. She said Wana was awesome velvet whales.
I haven't been there myself but conditions report on website says Wanatuska opened yesterday and ridge is open to reach it. They may be making people hunt for it bc there's no blue way down

Seems like nothing was open past Goat Path today. But there's no easy way to get from Goat Path to the Gondola or any other lift. It's like being on a dead-end one-way street.
I parked at Overlook Wednesday and skied down to new #7 at 9 to find they had no intention to open any time soon. Had to hike over to the open Green to get down to the gondola. Not ideal but there are worse problems to have.

Parked at Discovery - rode the Gondi up. Noticed 8 wasn’t open yet so I headed over to new 7 via Wanna. The reason I huffed over to Wanna was a patroller was in the process of closing Goat Path right when I arrived. Not sure why they closed it - maybe because it was lit up with decent size whales forming on Area 51 with real flat light. This meant no Blue option from new 7 - no sign at the base of the lift to communicate that. Felt bad for a bunch of people trying to survive the face of Wanna. Not a good situation.

I lapped Wanna all morning because it was skiing really well. Skiing 7 is a bit of a commitment at the moment. Once you’re there it will take you a bit of time and effort to get over to the West side. Skied off 8 for a while after lunch. Seneca wasn’t as good as Wanna so I headed back over there to finish out the day.

They are hitting the bridge hard with snow but no fences up yet.

Once you’re there it will take you a bit of time and effort to get over to the West side.

You can ski to the bottom of 7 and go past the lift line to Iroquois. Can do it with about 3 pushes on skis, need to remove rear foot on a snowboard.

I’m sure they will have Mohican and the other trails down there open soon and there will be no pushing required. Last Saturday, the trail behind the lift was closed but it looked like there was snow on it. The closed sign was off to the skiers right of the lift loading station and I watched people ski down the closed trail. I let the lift attendant know and they called patrol over and put a big closed sign up. I imagine the people that went had to walk quite a bit.

Heading up tomorrow for my first (finally ) day of the season. how does the new bridge affect parking at overlook?

Heading up tomorrow for my first (finally ) day of the season. how does the new bridge affect parking at overlook?
There is no parking on the lodge side of the bridge. It doesn’t really affect free parking at this time as I’m pretty sure the pay shack and planters haven’t moved. I suspect they will move them back a bit to make more premium parking once things get busier.

Back