Belleayre Conditions

Not a bad day today. Finally rode the new lift and skied Goat Path. As has already been said, not sure they quite achieved what they were after there. Lift was nice - zero stops the hour I rode. They have completely back filled the bridge - they were finalizing the grading on the back side today.

Got out today 9-11:30 and got 10 laps in. Hit Seneca, Goat Path, Peakamoose Deer Run and everything they flush into lower down which was everything that was open. Over all I am a fan of the new improvements, Goat Path brings some Hunter flavor to the Belle and ultimately I think it will serve the mountain well in creating better connectivity when having to traverse east to west. Right now Goat Path is a bit of an island due to the lack of other terrain being open but that will all improve with additional snow making and trail openings. New lift is slow but whatever I guess fixed grip is good incase of wind. Bridge is looking pretty darn close to being ready to blanket with snow.

20231130_092008.jpg

20231130_092932.jpg

20231130_105438.jpg

Crowds were light, barely a cloud in the sky, temp was 30 when I rolled in and 40 when I headed out. Peekamoose had the best edge to edge coverage and was probably my favorite trail of the day despite having some cookies. Seneca's surfacing left a bit to be desired but was fine otherwise. I personally think it's fair to rate Goat Path a blue, there's like one steep pitch on the very inside of the first turn but thats about it. The way Goat flushes out into Algonquin is really nice and great for carrying a lot of speed and laying trench. Hopefully the rain tomorrow doesn't do too much damage but all those new tower guns make me believe they will be fine for a quick recovery.

Seems like nothing was open past Goat Path today. But there's no easy way to get from Goat Path to the Gondola or any other lift. It's like being on a dead-end one-way street.

Seems like nothing was open past Goat Path today. But there's no easy way to get from Goat Path to the Gondola or any other lift. It's like being on a dead-end one-way street.
i was thinking about going there tomorrow...maybe not now

At least they named it correctly.
Paths on mountains made by Mountain Goats are wild.

i was thinking about going there tomorrow...maybe not now

Well, the conditions are excellent on the slopes that are open. I had a great day in spite of an hilarious wipe out in which one of my skis continued on for a full soccer field after I'd landed on my face. :D

I also might be missing something. I thought I was seeing people on Wanatuska (or maybe Mohawk) but there didn't seem to be a way to get there. Ridge Trail was closed past Goat Path and the Belleayre Express lift wasn't running. So I dunno.

Well, the conditions are excellent on the slopes that are open. I had a great day in spite of an hilarious wipe out in which one of my skis continued on for a full soccer field after I'd landed on my face. :D

I also might be missing something. I thought I was seeing people on Wanatuska (or maybe Mohawk) but there didn't seem to be a way to get there. Ridge Trail was closed past Goat Path and the Belleayre Express lift wasn't running. So I dunno.
Wifey was there yesterday and said going left off of new 7 “looked” closed, but if you skied up to it there was a break in the rope and it was open. She said Wana was awesome velvet whales.

Back