Belleayre Conditions

Uh oh, do we have ourselves a new double blue, or blue/black, “advanced intermediate”?
Ya gotta go to know.

OrDa’s UMP response to Utsy-Goat Path mods.

Comment: Please don't destroy Goat Path and Utsayantha for yet another intermediate trail, on a mountain that already has plenty of greens and blues, and generally lacks expert terrain to begin with.
Response: Belleayre offers a wide variety of terrain for all ability levels. Over half of the trails off the summit offer expert terrain and are marked as such with a black diamond. There is not currently an intermediate option at the top terminal of Lift 7. The proposed cut/fill at Utsayantha is meant to keep the same vertical drop but offer a more gradual decline with switchbacks. The final profile will create a slope that provides safe and effective terrain for intermediate skiers through necessary trail adjustments, trail width, cross slope, turn radii and site lines.

Is it back to the old drawing board with eraser crayons?

It all feels pretty arbitrary to me, and relative to the mountain. Why is Dot Nebel a Black but Echo a blue? Echo has some pitches that I would think exceed anything on Dot.

Echo is a blue because it has to be a blue.

Steepest part of echo is just as
steep as the steepedt part of Sagamore. imo

I’ve never skied Belleayre but reading this it seems like they wrecked an expert trail but still failed to create an intermediate trail. Is that correct?

mm

I’ve never skied Belleayre but reading this it seems like they wrecked an expert trail but still failed to create an intermediate trail. Is that correct?

mm
Almost. They wrecked two expert trails (goat path and utsayantha) and failed to create an intermediate.

Another good day today. Pretty much a cc of Friday. Crowds were light, possibly lighter than Friday. Didn’t hit the new trail or lift.

It rides like a black IMO.

Honestly they could label a few black runs as blue. Dot Nebel for example is far easier than Goat Path.

Back