Belleayre Conditions

Hoping they get folks up early enough to groom after the freeze. Think they will?

Fortunately really not all that much to groom. One top to bottom run and two upper runs. Should be able to get that done before a 9am open.

Last time I went on Thanksgiving weekend was 1985. For those in the know, is Saturday likely to be a mad house since it’s opening weekend?

Last time I went on Thanksgiving weekend was 1985. For those in the know, is Saturday likely to be a mad house since it’s opening weekend?
I'd say a huge factor in how crowded it is will be whether Hunter is open yet.

With an Epic Pass I am only hitting Belleayre Friday as the closest Epic option is in VT.

Hoping to get there at open Fri to beat the crowds.

Perfect conditions on Deer Run today with about 3 inch of soft snow over the base.

Seneca and Peekamoose slicker than I would like.

2 minute line at Gondola nothing at Hawk

New lift and new goat path opened today.

They ran out of time on the mid station so that won’t be completed this year.

The new trail is steep and narrow for a blue, with switchbacks. It feels like Hunter.

I suspect it won’t be long before they change the rating to a black as it’s warranted. The section that parallels Yahoo is as steep as Yahoo. Intermediates were already stopped at the switch backs and some were walking down.

Attachments

• IMG_3718.jpeg
    IMG_3718.jpeg
    360.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3719.jpeg
    IMG_3719.jpeg
    505 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3720.jpeg
    IMG_3720.jpeg
    565.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_3721.jpeg
    IMG_3721.jpeg
    565.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3723.jpeg
    IMG_3723.jpeg
    574.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3724.jpeg
    IMG_3724.jpeg
    489.2 KB · Views: 104
IMG_0638.jpeg
IMG_0643.jpeg
IMG_0647.jpeg
IMG_0646.jpeg
Hit the new trail once it opened. Fits the Goat path name well. Gonna be trouble on Holidays. Rough condition to start, following behind a Ski instructor , he went down hard in the cookies..

Personally I love the trail. Brings back memories of my children ( when they were small) they loved the original Goat path.

No way to take some better pics, didn’t want to get run over.

Back