Belleayre Conditions

Looks good to me! Did it get crowded?
I stayed until noon. Not crowded at all. Here’s a shot of the opening crowd about 5 minutes before first chair.
IMG_1756.jpeg

Thats what happens when you only open on a day when 98% of people are at work.
Just because something is happening it doesn’t mean that it’s happening to you.

Kudos to Belleayre and their team for getting everything fired up. Similar to restaurants I think this was a soft opening to work the kinks out with the added bonus of bragging rights.

Sounds like lots of construction work is still being done around Overlook and the Hawk parking lot. I bet they don’t want crowds around. Additionally, I’m sure it’s difficult to round up the necessary staff and patrollers this early in the game.

Looking forward to seeing the new firepower in action. I bet they will be 100% by Christmas and hopefully we’ll be flying over the new bridge!

A soft opening is maybe opening midweek instead of waiting for a Friday or Saturday, but still being open that weekend. It's not only opening on weekdays and refusing to open for a single day of the weekend.

Saying the weekend would be too crowded is such a lame excuse. The discovery lodge parking lot is plenty big enough to handle everything this time of year. It's not like this weekend was going to be a powder day. I just think they don't like weekend skiers and wanted to screw them. The rain clears by 8 tomorrow, and it becomes bluebird by the afternoon, so the weather excuse doesn't cut it. The thin cover excuse doesn't work either. I've skied at Belleayre in January with thinner coverage than they had yesterday.

Yes no doubt their goal was to screw the people that make their business profitable. Pretty sure weekends, holidays and powder days are the only days non-destination ski areas with no night skiing make a profit

Maybe someone at ORDA has been following your social media posts for several years and they've dedicated themselves to personally ruining YOUR skiing experience?
I always suspected they were doing that. It's good to finally have someone confirm my worst fears.

mm

Back