Belleayre Conditions

In the fall I was in a meeting and Mike Pratt was there. We were talking about new lift 7 and I said if you’re not going to give it a mid station, it needs to be a HSQ. His reply was and I quote “it doesn’t deserve to be a HS, it’s not long enough.” I replied “this is coming from the organization that installed the worlds shortest gondola at the jumping complex.” His reply was “that’s different, it brings athletes to the top”

How does that help beginners coming from the East side trails? Seems easier to ski behind Overlook.
In theory you could make the full traverse of Howes Highway to where it meets Lower Yahoo. Having ridden that lap with a beginner snowboarder for two seasons I can say first hand that the bridge will prevent the unbuckling necessary when riding behind Overlook all the way across to the top of Lightening Quad, I don't love the solution but it's definitely helpful.

In theory you could make the full traverse of Howes Highway to where it meets Lower Yahoo. Having ridden that lap with a beginner snowboarder for two seasons I can say first hand that the bridge will prevent the unbuckling necessary when riding behind Overlook all the way across to the top of Lightening Quad, I don't love the solution but it's definitely helpful.
It will be interesting to see how it works out. A tunnel would be a lot more fun!

Screen Shot 2023-05-04 at 9.46.49 PM.png

I’m the king of carrying speed around Overlook. I’ll be happy when my reign is over.
Next season we have to set up a Ski day , when my two sons can tear the mountain up, looking at the back of your skis. Every time my son Caleb comes along, he turns the day into a speed festival .
I want him to feel the way I do, always seeing him from his backside.

This place looks nice.
Just down the road a piece.
If they let ya put in another bridge ya could ski right to it.
Lets get a bunch of folks together and chip in for a badass ski clubhouse! Can alternate daze between platty and belle

Lets get a bunch of folks together and chip in for a badass ski clubhouse! Can alternate daze between platty and belle
"Another ski area, Plattekill, is visible in the distance. Imagine extravagant winged fairy nymphs flitting around this stunningly crafted old world stone mansion, with the opulent sounds of opera and concerts filling the rooms."

Don’t need any winged fairy nymphs flitting around or dang opera, but could just roll with the caretakers pad and/or horse barn as long as there’s good snow and open slopes.

The furnishings look perfect for the members here. There is even an outbuilding for Camp to stay in! ;)

Back