Belleayre Conditions

$3 MILLION 200 foot vertical gondola installed at the Olympic Jumping Complex. No waste of money there!

In the fall I was in a meeting and Mike Pratt was there. We were talking about new lift 7 and I said if you’re not going to give it a mid station, it needs to be a HSQ. His reply was and I quote “it doesn’t deserve to be a HS, it’s not long enough.” I replied “this is coming from the organization that installed the worlds shortest gondola at the jumping complex.” His reply was “that’s different, it brings athletes to the top”

Last edited:
None of you all like my idea about a lift for just the steep part at the top? It could go around here

Belleayre Map

Am I the only one who digs the rolling blue runouts on the west side after the short headwall? If only they were 2 or 3x longer...
Definitely prefer the run outs to runs with 400' of vertical. And wish they would make snow over the road and lot let all the runs have distinct run outs down to Discovery. Keep Overlook as a ski to spot for folks who love it if there is demand.

I just wish Belle had a couple hundred more feet of steep vertical to balance out the run-out. Bolton Valley is kinda like that.

Back