Belleayre Conditions

Dreadful conditions today.

Freezing rain, low visibility, some ice. I got stuck on a chair for 10 minutes and then stuck on a gondola for another 10 before I called it a day, then spun out of control on Route 28 on my way home.

Got a nice fire going and I'm delighted to be home.
what a difference a day makes...

Beautiful day - light crowd. 8:35 - 1. Crispy start to the day - by 9:30 things were softening - by 11 full on soft.
R0001430.jpg

Didn't get out until 11:30 today strategically, snow was soft temperatures were perfect and it was a good kick off to spring. Bumps are in real good on lower Belleayre Run, Area 51 jumps were perfect for unforgiving landings and Onteora was the best running groomer. It was pretty windy on and off but unnoticeable on trail, mini salt dust tornados in the parking lot though! Stayed till 4, snow held up well above Overlook all day.

Beautiful day yesterday. Started off perfectly crisp. Lots of trails left un-groomed for snow preservation. By 11 things were pretty soft. Super soft and heavy by 12. If yesterday was my last firm groomer morning of the season I can go happily dust off my bikes.View attachment 19444

By say 12 pm would you say there is slush?

Back