Belleayre Conditions

Does anyone have thoughts on what it'll be like for Sunday - will they be able to groom overnight once tomorrow's rain lets up and temps drop?

When is the rain supposed to stop?

When is the rain supposed to stop?
Open Snow says it'll likely rain through the morning into early afternoon, take a break in the afternoon, then rain some more in evening. Should be done by 9 or 10 pm Saturday with maybe a little wintry mix to follow overnight. Goes below freezing around 2 am Sunday, high winds continue into Sunday morning. Temps in the high teens early Sunday. This is all for the upper mountain.

Open Snow says it'll likely rain through the morning into early afternoon, take a break in the afternoon, then rain some more in evening. Should be done by 9 or 10 pm Saturday with maybe a little wintry mix to follow overnight. Goes below freezing around 2 am Sunday, high winds continue into Sunday morning. Temps in the high teens early Sunday. This is all for the upper mountain.

IF they wait until a few hours after it freezes it could be ok. Seems like a lot to groom in a few hours.

IF they wait until a few hours after it freezes it could be ok. Seems like a lot to groom in a few hours.
This is like Mother Nature's April Fools Joke. I skied yesterday and it was really good. Bumps everywhere. I love that they leave so many bump runs. It was snowing lightly up top when I left after 3. I even got some freshies in the woods and out Cathedral Brook. I wouldn't call it Fat Guy Powder but Fat Guy Corn, maybe. The rain is a bummer but they had good cover and will hopefully not get too hurt. The glades however will be toast. Fingers crossed my next meeting is the 14th, I hope to be back.

"Belleayre is excited to announce a brand new service to be offered at the mountain for the 23/24 ski season, getting you on snow faster than ever before! Belleayre always has been known for its air, in several ways – it is in our name after all. But now we are taking it to a new level with BelleAIR, a direct charter flight from the NYC metropolitan area that will drop you off right on top of the mountain! Yet another in a long list of capital improvements over the past several years, Belleayre is investing in constructing a brand new airstrip along the summit of the mountain, as well as purchasing a fleet of midsize jets to cut the travel time down. A drive that would typically take up to 3 hours to complete, can now be flown in less than 30 minutes!"

Day 38 - Yesterday - bluebird all day. 36 in Boiceville driving over, 26 at Overlook. The micro-climate at Belle constantly amazes me. I would not have expected things to soften up much today but they did, early. The April sun is powerful! They did a nice job of getting things skiable today. Lifts opened about a 1/2 hour later than usual for some last minute grooming. Bumps started to soften much later in the day than the groomers, around 2.

me_belle.jpg

R0001436-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back