Belleayre Conditions

Yep firm and fast is the theme of the day and I don’t think it’s going to get better. I don’t think it was significant rain but it was warm all day yesterday and it’s still 24* at the top of the gondola.

Today was fun once the snow softened around 11-12. We skied all afternoon until the last lift.

There were lots of soft bumps all over the mountain. But as others have said, the side country was no bueno.

We never waited in line more than a few minutes — and we were a large group.

I think they are going to be grooming aggressively tonight. I’m a bit nervous that we will be skiing pure ice tomorrow.

I'll bet all of the people who huffed it up from Westchester weren't expecting the conditions we had today. Firm, fast and furious. No sun and lots of wind meant we just got more f'd as the day went on.

#6 didn't start running until 11:30, this is becoming a theme at Belle. Crowds were pretty light today considering the storm this week. Lots of ping pong balls on the East side. West side was really nice - Seneca and Dot were fantastic. I was on sharp SL skis - I'm sure most people would not use fantastic to describe today.

R0001423.jpg

This photo would be a lot more interesting if it contained the group of kids who were jumping off this rock all day.

R0001424.jpg

I'll bet all of the people who huffed it up from Westchester weren't expecting the conditions we had today. Firm, fast and furious. No sun and lots of wind meant we just got more f'd as the day went on.

Today exceeded my (low) expectations. Agree the west side of the mountain was nicer, but also had fun finding patches of reasonably soft snow in Cathedral Brook, Belleayre Run (bumps and side trees), and lower Lift Line glade.

I’m impressed by the coverage at Belleayre and think they’ll be able to offer some good spring skiing through early April.

Back