Baseball

It’s pretty full. The first pic was early

IMG_3292.jpeg

Rizzo is slow as shit

I don't post here much cause I know nada. I don't follow baseball anymore (sad but reality). I've been a Mets fan, Yankees fan and Pirates. My best friend and I chose Pittsburgh sort of consciously. We wanted an NL team with hitters that we could see on TV. In those days in NJ we could see or hear the NY and Phila games for free through an antennae. The Pirates played both Mets and Phillies often enough so we could see them.

Those were some good days to follow Stargell, Clemente, Manny Sanguillen, Al Oliver. They had some good pitchers too. Watching Clemente, especially in the World Series, was inspiring.

Anyway. Now I know nothing beyond the tidsbits I got by listening to Brownski and MC.

So I googled Stanton to figure out the booing. He's 33, and has a huge contract with 5(?) years left and he's been pretty good over is career, but maybe not 200M good? He did have some homers with MIA. His first year in NY was on par with the rest of his career. Almost no at bats in the next two years. Great year in 21. Not great in 22, missing half the season (in ABs). And this year so far he has been terrible.

Missing anything?

Are they booing him, or whoever decided to gamble that money on a 30 year old? That last year in MIA was very good, but if I had to guess I'd say on average 27 or 28 years old, are the best years. Right?

... I've been a Mets fan, Yankees fan and Pirates. My best friend and I chose Pittsburgh sort of consciously. We wanted an NL team with hitters that we could see on TV. In those days in NJ we could see or hear the NY and Phila games for free through an antennae. The Pirates played both Mets and Phillies often enough so we could see them.

Those were some good days to follow Stargell, Clemente, Manny Sanguillen, Al Oliver. They had some good pitchers too. Watching Clemente, especially in the World Series, was inspiring.
I’ve been to the Forbes Field for baseball & also wore a Pirates hat to the golf course a few years ago.
One of our group, who won a College World Series as a catcher in college, told me he had,
"played for the Pirates and was 2 hits away from a career 333 batting average in the Majors”.
"That’s some good hitting” I replied.
“Yup, I was 2 for 12”, he chuckled...
⚾

Last edited:
Last edited:
It is so hard to be a Met fan. Being punished for being a good time fan in 1986 (i was a young kid)?

It is so hard to be a Met fan. Being punished for being a good time fan in 1986 (i was a young kid)?
Part of being a Mets fan is dealing with disappointment. After a while, it becomes easy.

Back