Baseball

If I were Aaron Judge, I would sign for the 7 year $200 million that was offered last year, but only if it had an opt out if the Yankees failed to sign the top free agent every year. Screw the luxury tax, That was designed to keep Yankee money out of the free agent market. IT's all about winning the World Series.

mm

I like judge
But he has had a the best season of his career. No way he repeats it. He is also injury prone.
Imo not worth the mega money.

Unfortunately he’s very streaky too. I’m a big Judge fan but his post season was terrible. He is as much to blame as anybody for them not being in the WS. After that season, his playoffs performance was heartbreaking

Unfortunately he’s very streaky too. I’m a big Judge fan but his post season was terrible. He is as much to blame as anybody for them not being in the WS. After that season, his playoffs performance was heartbreaking
He had at least one (or maybe 2) potential go ahead hit caught at the worning track. Baseball is a tough game.
OTOH if he had carried the Yankees through the ALCS the way he carried them the second half of the season, they would have had to make him a full partner.

mm

Nope. Aaron Judge is the LeBron James of baseball. He's gonna take his talents to the Dodgers. Either that or he's gonna be the first baseball player to take control of the team the way that NBA top players do.
The Dodgers are not going to sign another 30 year old (Judge will be 31 in April) to a long term contract with Betts/Freeman and all the other guys they have in their 30s signed for multiple years.
I blame Hal Steinbrenner for all of it. George would be spinning in his grave if he were alive to see this.

mm
George was a great promoter and a horrible baseball man.

He forced out Gabe Paul after the 1977 World Series win. With George fully in charge from 1980 until the 1990 suspension, he had 9 GM changes and 14 manager changes. The yankees did not win another WS until 1996 - 6 years after George was suspended in 1990 for the Howie Spira payoff. When he was suspended, baseball genius Gene Micheal was brought in as GM and created the team and some stability (along with Bob Watson) that won the 1996,1998, 1999, 2000 WS.

The Yankees are worth $5 BILLION. What would they be worth if they let Judge go?

mm
5 billion. Judge has been hurt every year. Sure he got 62 homers but he is not the leader. He certainly didn't play that way in the playoffs. I wouldn't with him. Her isn't going to last 5 more years. I would like Cashman to retire and Jeter to step into his role. Boone has one more year. Something happened after the all star break.

Judge has been hurt every year. Sure he got 62 homers but he is not the leader. He certainly didn't play that way in the playoffs. I wouldn't with him. Her isn't going to last 5 more years. I would like Cashman to retire and Jeter to step into his role. Boone has one more year.
I agree with all of that.

5 billion. Judge has been hurt every year. Sure he got 62 homers but he is not the leader.
Judge played in 157 of 162 games .
Had the most RBI’s in MLB and scored the most runs & set an Al record for homers.
His batting average was 5th in MLB, he’s an excellent fielder and got walked a lot.
I’d like to see his stats if he ain’t hurt.

Surely he didn’t hit well during the sweep by Astros but there’s more than enough excuses for that shitshow.

Last edited:
Back