Alterra gets a $3 billion infusion

So I complained in an email to Taos CS about no paper trail maps, and they told me that it was done to save the environment. Which I find humorous. A ski mountain concerned with the environment. Let's start with that big parking lot over there...
Hopefully they make you pay to park in that big lot to enhance the guest experience and save the environment.

This is the same mountain, not too long ago, that replaced the Pallavicini double with a
... double. Right at the base. At least screams Quad. So you wonder if that double is going to be one of the most short lived new chairs, like, evah, if the new boss has it's way.

They may be playing it smart and still going niche hill in the Summit world.

Well, here's my take on the question.

From a consumer standpoint, there are certainly similarities. But from an operational management standpoint, Vail Resorts and Alterra function very differently...

Alterra has partnered with other companies from the start. The most obvious partnerships are with the Ikon Partners that are independently owned such as Jackson Hole, Alta, or Taos. Other key Ikon Partners are owned/operated by the other well known multi-resort companies: Boyne Resorts and Powdr.
Some of Powdr’s patrollers been putting up reels.

This is the same mountain, not too long ago, that replaced the Pallavicini double with a
... double. Right at the base. At least screams Quad. So you wonder if that double is going to be one of the most short lived new chairs, like, evah, if the new boss has it's way.

They may be playing it smart and still going niche hill in the Summit world.
The 'updated' Palli lift is the Stupidest Double install ever. This lift directly accesses the 500 acre Beaver Bowl (which has a quad). On what planet do you ignore the improved access out of the base from a quad and pretend you are still just serving the just Pali area?

I'm thinking that the reasoning behind that was the same as replacing the MRG single with a single. Tradition and loyal customer base and all that. I'll bet the folks at Alterra have plans, but, who is going to buy a lightly used double?

I'm thinking that the reasoning behind that was the same as replacing the MRG single with a single. Tradition and loyal customer base and all that. I'll bet the folks at Alterra have plans, but, who is going to buy a lightly used double?
Maybe they can sell it to the fools at ORDA. They are pretending they do not need a quad, too.

Back