Wildlife

22CFBB3E-3032-40F1-B361-9E7950AAB7A0.jpeg
Woke up a flying squirrel that took up residence in my shed

This dark morph Rough-legged Hawk was caught and outfitted with a satellite transmitter in Addison County Vermont by a research group, Rough-legged Hawk Project. Two weeks later I captured this shot of it in the Washington County Grasslands.
0C4A7361-DeNoiseAI-low-light-3.jpg

How did you get that info?
A fellow bird photographer suggested I contact them. She knew they were in Vermont on a trapping and equipping with transmitters. I contacted them and through the device confirmed it was a young adult male they had captured. I also got another shot of the same bird again. The Rough-legged Hawk Project is on FB , @neilpaprocki on IG has photos of the same bird while captured and some tacking info.

That’s pretty cool but on some level it’s a little sad too- in the same way that the NPS knowing the size and location of every wolf pack in Denali is kind of sad. Wildlife is a little less wild when it’s been tagged

That’s pretty cool but on some level it’s a little sad too- in the same way that the NPS knowing the size and location of every wolf pack in Denali is kind of sad. Wildlife is a little less wild when it’s been tagged
Folks also put recorders in salmon to track their movements in the Big O offshore in The UpState.

@freeheeln
I have 14 deer behind my house right now, 300+ yards away. Cell pix would suck, just look like specs out there. Is there something out there for a few hundred bucks that would take a half way decent pic?

Back