Wildlife

IMG_20220215_210003.jpg

“The raccoon was trapped by the pasta area by LSU students so it would not run,” Accius said.

Cajuns gotta cajun.
Wonder if the corndog area be quicker.
haha I didn't read the whole thing but had a similar experience...

After college I was working as an intern architect in New Rochelle, it was a really cool office in an old diner that had been relocated to a marina right on the Sound. There were a lot of critters around, one day I heard a scratching sound in the ceiling above me. I quietly tapped on the low ceiling to get the mouse to move along. Well I startled a raccoon pretty good and he knocked out the acoustical ceiling panel. Catching the tee as he was falling, his tail and ass swung right into my face sending me sprawling onto my back screaming like a little girl! Everyone in the open office just stared in shock as he scurried back into the ceiling.

The landlord was a bit of a character (I guess you would have to be to drop an old diner in a marina) and sent down an armed posse to get rid the unwanted tenant. They started ripping apart the diner's skirting and fascia on their hunt creating quite a hysterical office debate on the ethical extermination of office raccoons. Ultimately the hunt was called off and humane traps were set. A few days later I was drafting away and had the eerie feeling of being watched. I looked out the window over my shoulder and two 'coons were sitting up in the open fascia looking at me enough to say, yea that's the fucker I made shit his pants, lol

63E6BC46-A9B1-4BE6-9F86-0FDF1B1C7AA1.jpeg

Who are our trackers? I’m stumped. Coyote on his toes? They do thrive in the Rockies….

Back