Whiteface Conditions

Note that I define overwhelmed as:

-Parking full and traffic backups to get in and out.
-No lifts with little to no line.
-Hard to find a seat in the lodges, even outside of peak hours.

Back when I was in college, all 3 were rare at Whiteface. I just didn't know if that changed.

Looking at today's snow report, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that Cloudspin and most of the glades have reopened. But my concern is they'll all be closed again by Saturday.

To keep this WF related, my son and my brother tried my Ripsticks for a run each last year at WF. Instantly fell in love, and they are both very different skiers.

I’ve got 96 Black with Shifts. The 96 did surprisingly well in 2 ft of powder recently, and other than the Shift toe lock issue (og version) the setup tours great.

Sorry for the drift, done.

Note that I define overwhelmed as:

-Parking full and traffic backups to get in and out.
-No lifts with little to no line.
-Hard to find a seat in the lodges, even outside of peak hours.

Back when I was in college, all 3 were rare at Whiteface. I just didn't know if that changed.
It hasn’t changed. Not that it might not ever have happened, but I’ve never seen ANY of those things.

As to ropes and what’s open, life is like a box of chocolates. While I’d never condone ducking a rope, something makes me think it happens.

How are they in trees JTG?
Making me drift more! Great. They are light, nimble, initiate turns easily. What more could you ask for in the trees? What my terminal intermediate brother, who instantly was better on these, loves most is that you are in charge. They do what you want, when you want, and don’t fight you, unlike other skis he’s had.

Thanks. I’m still shopping. Enforcers were in the lead. Rip sticks are attractive though. I need to attend some demo days and actually ski some of them I guess

As to ropes and what’s open, life is like a box of chocolates. While I’d never condone ducking a rope, something makes me think it happens.
I'm just saying I've been burned in the past when Cloudspin and the glades were open one day, and then the next day they were all closed for no obvious reason. I have ducked ropes in the past, but I've heard they are super anal about it now.

I'm just saying I've been burned in the past when Cloudspin and the glades were open one day, and then the next day they were all closed for no obvious reason. I have ducked ropes in the past, but I've heard they are super anal about it now.
I hear you Sno. I’ve had a pass or two pulled over my nearly 30 years. There’s always that decision point, but no risk, no reward as they say.

Back