Whiteface Conditions

Dude, that was an incredible callback. Goes back years. But my memory was that one of the volunteers jumped in Ethan’s car to move it, making him think it was getting jacked by a 70 year old lady.
Wow, that’s cool you remembered that. That was about 8 years ago (2015 I believe) It was a family trip and we were unloading. I don’t think we were there any more than 5 minutes and one of the workers was in his car trying to figure out how to drive put it in drive.

I much prefer to carry my gear these days but when you’re young and with the whole family in one vehicle it’s a little different.

Whiteface

Planning to go on Saturday, first time in a while. How crowded has it been lately? Is it totally packed and overwhelmed like the Ikon resorts, or more reasonable?

Planning to go on Saturday, first time in a while. How crowded has it been lately? Is it totally packed and overwhelmed like the Ikon resorts, or more reasonable?
I can honestly say two things….

1) I’ve been to WF all manner of weekends, be they early season, regular, late, holiday, powder, you name it, including this year and for going on almost 30 years now. Has there been a busy weekend or two with a few lines? Sure. However, WF isn’t Vermont, and even when it’s crowded it’s never that crowded, compared to VT/Ikon/what have you. You should go and chill and have a good time.

B) You won’t go, chill, nor have a good time, most likely. A quad will go up with three in a chair, someone will blaze up in the Gondi as they seem to do EVERY time you go, you won’t get a seat when you want it for lunch, the RFID will be in the wrong place….as well as a few more things I’m sure I missed. ;):p:cool:

Seriously. Go, chill, and I look forward to the trip report!

Last edited:
I'll be the dude skiing like an aggressive french woman on Elan Ripsticks. I'll buy an adult beverage for anyone here that spots me.

I love my Ripsticks. My son and my brother love the Ripsticks they bought after they tried my Ripsticks. So fun.

I love my Ripsticks. My son and my brother love the Ripsticks they bought after they tried my Ripsticks. So fun.
Me too, they are super fun. I first bought the 88s during the pandemic which I ski on here and recently bought the 96s which I use whenever I go west. I put shift bindings on the 96s and can tour with them in a pinch.

Back