Whiteface Conditions

Anyone ski WF yesterday or today? Sunday conditions were pretty good, wondering if they fixed Mtn Run after blowing water on it all morning?

Anyone ski WF yesterday or today? Sunday conditions were pretty good, wondering if they fixed Mtn Run after blowing water on it all morning?
I didn't get there. Weekday turnout was good for the groomed/firm conditions. If it was a weekend, it would be skied off quickly. Sun really softened some of the usual spots, i.e. Paron's, just below traverse on W.

Conditions really good today, hero snow everywhere, lookout chair has not run all day? Just finished my brown bag lunch on the top floor at mid,suns coming back out got to get after it

Man, it must have sucked today. That's not a knock on WF, just the weather. The now report had this:

February 17, 2023 2:45 pm | Summit Quad, Cloudsplitter Gondola and Freeway lifts are currently on hold. Lookout lift will not be running today. Updates as they occur.

Welp, I'll still go tomorrow.

I was there yesterday and the Wilmintgon trail was the best top to bottom. I left at noon and everything above the middle of the mountain on the Whiteface and little Whiteface side was frozen cord...Loud! A guy I rode up with on the Gondi said he heard the lookout lift was open, I said no way. The sun was only shining on Lookout and the lower part of the mountain...After trying everything open, I did the Wilmington Trail top to bottom non stop three times and went back to work. skipping tomorrow

Tough day today but still impressive considering how bad the weather has been.

Lookout chair didn’t spin until almost 10 and on our first trip up the liftie at the top told us they were closing it. Wilmington had a bad icy stretch in the middle but not sure it was worth closing it on such a busy day. Little Whiteface chair was spinning but never opened. Summit chair closed at a little after 1pm. So nothing except Gondola and Freeway going to the higher part of the mountain this afternoon. Long lines but it is arguably the busiest day of the year so…

Skyward was ok first thing but we only did one run knowing it was getting scraped off.

Lots of guns blasting which was the right thing to do for the long run, and it improved a few runs including Victoria which was ice in the morning but soft moguls from the machine snow later on.

We chose WF over Gore figuring they got less rain this week - not sure it was the right decision given how long the lines got with so many closed lifts, but it was nice to get one run on Wilmington and the sun came out in the afternoon.

Always nice to be skiing!

Wait? Was Freeway actually open to everyone? Seemingly every time I check the report there's a note saying it's for racers only, even when there are other trails open off the top of it.

Back