Whiteface Conditions

Whiteface

bluebird day at whiteface

Probably another couple of days' worth of snowmaking req'd on Skyward. Firm and fast today.
Also, I'm really impressed with the tuning of the WUG athletes' skis. That's some icy track.
It's been fun volunteering this week. Some interesting people. And I couldn't imagine skiing with a sidearm. The Euros must think it's really odd.

Yep. The park rangers and the state troopers. The state troopers are actually wearing body cams, although, when asked, the trooper was not clear if they were on or not.

Probably another couple of days' worth of snowmaking req'd on Skyward. Firm and fast today.
Also, I'm really impressed with the tuning of the WUG athletes' skis. That's some icy track.
It's been fun volunteering this week.
Watched on ESPU.
One of the blue coats inside the orange fencing looked like he was taken out by a skier. The announcer called the skier “the animal” just before the crash. The skier sounded apologetic. Both got back up.
One skier, with bib #1, was in the lead, hit the very last gate with his ski and his binding got ripped out.

Last edited:
GREAT conditions this morning ... best of the season so far that I've skied at Whiteface.

Skied until about 11:00 ... by then, the snow was starting to get a little piled up and it wasn't quite as good as it was first thing, but it was still very good.

I don't think they opened Skyward, but based on how it looked, I would guess either Saturday or Sunday.

Thinking it's a pretty safe bet that after Skyward opens, they'll move to Wilmington Trail next, but who knows. Favorable snow-making weather for the next week or so ... hopefully nothing goes wrong and they can continue to expand.

GREAT conditions this morning ... best of the season so far that I've skied at Whiteface.

Skied until about 11:00 ... by then, the snow was starting to get a little piled up and it wasn't quite as good as it was first thing, but it was still very good.

I don't think they opened Skyward, but based on how it looked, I would guess either Saturday or Sunday.

Thinking it's a pretty safe bet that after Skyward opens, they'll move to Wilmington Trail next, but who knows. Favorable snow-making weather for the next week or so ... hopefully nothing goes wrong and they can continue to expand.
Yes.

Back