Whiteface Conditions

Nice day and fun skiing this morning. Mountain Run and Upper Thruway were open with some fun fresh manmade snow. Lower Essex has coverage issues but still super fun. They had lower Mackenzie open for a short while this morning after being closed yesterday (morning at least). Of course the blue runs off the summit were great to rip but it's going to be a while before anything else opens up there. Certainly can't complain for December 21 skiing. Here is a picture of the mountain today. I'll post another one Saturday morning so we can see a before and after this hellish storm everyone is talking about.
12-21WF.jpg

Here's WF this morning. It doesn't look as bad as I feared. I'm not skiing until tomorrow but would love to hear about conditions today if anyone is able to report.
12-24WF.jpg

That’s one killer view right there.

You can tell a lot about the conditions by the way people are moving.

This is so true.

Riding Straightbrook at Gore, and they just dropped the rope on Rumor:

What kind of turns are skiers making?

Forgive me for taking the liberty of making those shots full size. They are awesome.

This is so true.

Riding Straightbrook at Gore, and they just dropped the rope on Rumor:

What kind of turns are skiers making?

Forgive me for taking the liberty of making those shots full size. They are awesome.
I didn't see a lot of folks skiing today but I wasn't looking a lot either. What I did see didn't look great, lots of sideways scraping but you never know how things may have been on the edges. I'll bet there were some nice wind blown bits for soft turns here and there.

I'll ski in the morning tomorrow and report back.

It must have been below zero up there, right?

HIGH today here in NJ was 15.

Back