Whiteface Conditions

Based on the UI I'm guessing each day has separate buckets of tickets for 1,2,3... consecutive days, and pricing is based on availability of each bucket regardless of the others. What they should do is calculate the blended price based on the availability of each day. My math's are just fine, ORDAs math's suck

Maybe they are trying to compete with Vail

Based on the UI I'm guessing each day has separate buckets of tickets for 1,2,3... consecutive days, and pricing is based on availability of each bucket regardless of the others. What they should do is calculate the blended price based on the availability of each day. My math's are just fine, ORDAs math's suck
Just remember, it's a feature not a bug. ?

Significantly more crowded and icy than yesterday. No chairs running on little whiteface (except gondy). They are trying to make quads for each cabin. 1/2" of wet snow this morning.

Skied from 8:30 - 10:30 this morning ...

With a couple of exceptions here & there I thought conditions were very good. Very low visibility at the top, but the conditions on Paron's Run were good. Approach to Mountain Run to Thruway to Draper's Drop was quite good, but only got to ski it once.

If they're not going to have Freeway and/or Little Whiteface running, it's going to be a very long, disappointing season. This photo was taken at 10:30. Note the line for the Face Lift going all the way back to the front of the NYSEF building, and the line for the Gondola through the corral snake and almost halfway up the hill to the Face Lift.

The new UMP proposes a new lift from Bear Den to the mid-station lodge ... why spend taxpayer dollars on another lift when you can't even run the ones you have???

IMG_1815.jpg

With a couple of exceptions here & there I thought conditions were very good. Very low visibility at the top, but the conditions on Paron's Run were good. Approach to Mountain Run to Thruway to Draper's Drop was quite good, but only got to ski it once.

If they're not going to have Freeway and/or Little Whiteface running, it's going to be a very long, disappointing season. This photo was taken at 10:30. Note the line for the Face Lift going all the way back to the front of the NYSEF building, and the line for the Gondola through the corral snake and almost halfway up the hill to the Face Lift.

The new UMP proposes a new lift from Bear Den to the mid-station lodge ... why spend taxpayer dollars on another lift when you can't even run the ones you have???

View attachment 11650
Paron's Run got scraped and blown off, by noon it was solid ice most of the way down, ski patrol closed it at like 1.

Thruway was best run of the day even at close not super icy

Excelsior was great all day, much better than valley run, if they are worried about too much traffic on it idk why they couldn't open freeway lift at leaat, that would provide a 3rd way out of the base area and it's not like those trails had too much traffic

Last edited:

View attachment 11650
Geez.... Can't wait for Friday.

Much less crowded than yesterday despite being "sold out" rather than "limited." Passholders must have come for the snow yesterday. Much better surface today & Little whiteface chair is open! Good resurface on summit trails

Paron's already skied off, but what do you expect Christmas week. 2 guns on Riva Ridge. Other guns being staged on Skyward. Nice to have LWF chair open.

Back