Whiteface Conditions

Variable conditions today. Some snowmaking going, mainly on open trails. Trail expansion could be awhile from the looks of things.

Rope dropped on Lower Northway, but it wasn't any good. Paron's and L. Thruway are good.
Yesterday Boreen was open to Brookside, then you had to cut across that "trail" Valvehouse Road to Fox.
Guns on the lower part of Mt. Run. Looks like it could open soon.
Pretty good given the time of year and the recent meltdown. If you're here for Christmas week, there's reason to be optimistic. Forecast looks favorable the next 2 weeks. Just don't change downstairs. That stupid auto sliding door ensures marginally-above-freezing temps when booting up.

7C432E6F-A37C-494A-B901-3DF20D368CFB.jpeg

What a difference a few days (and 7" of snow) makes. Saturday was pretty depressing with no snow other than what was blown. By mid day today it was in pretty good shape for this time of year. Blowing on lower part of Mt. Run still and started on Victoria yesterday. If the cold temps hold it should be pretty good for Christmas week.

They need to open the little whiteface lift. Hate having to go to the gondola to get to the top of Little Whiteface.

What a difference a few days (and 7" of snow) makes. Saturday was pretty depressing with no snow other than what was blown. By mid day today it was in pretty good shape for this time of year. Blowing on lower part of Mt. Run still and started on Victoria yesterday. If the cold temps hold it should be pretty good for Christmas week.

They need to open the little whiteface lift. Hate having to go to the gondola to get to the top of Little Whiteface.
This

Spent the morning at the mountain today ... conditions were a mixed bag ... above the Face Lift, it was pretty rough.

There was a new feature this morning where Excelsior and Lower Northway split ... The Whiteface Geyser ... Like Old Faithful, only different ... Apparently, they blew a hydrant!

Visibility at the top was pretty poor, but at least Paron's Run was open from the top. No Essex, Mountain Run or Victoria ... Will probably take another day or two of grooming and resurfacing for those to be back in play.

From the Face Lift down wasn't too bad. I was skiing with my son today for the first time in a couple of years ... we had fun doing laps on the Face Lift, alternating runs between Lower Valley and Boreen, and playing human slalom.

Not great skiing, but we had fun and made the best of it.

There wasn't any snowmaking going on that I saw, but I suspect that was due to the broken hydrant. Hopefully they'll be able to get the guns going this evening (they really need it!).

For being "sold out" lift lines were very reasonable. Snow quality was good but in spots got scraped off quite a bit. Thin coverage on many trails, lots of rocks coming through.

Not sure about Gore but at WF they are price gouging for MLK weekend. My wife and I just cancelled our hotel room when we saw that tickets for her are currently priced at over $200/day!! Gonna do the Cats instead. Already bought her a Monday ticket at Belle for $85 and will pick up a Sat ticket for her at Platty if they can get more then 2 trails open ?

Back