Whiteface Conditions

~20 inches of new snow and the gondola was on mechanical hold - I think it started up around noon or so.
Unbelievable - I am 2 miles away, literally, and we never lost power, so when I got to the lodge early, I was shocked they didn't have power but their power just came on when we got there.
Pretty long initial line at the Facelift but that went away fairly quickly. Big lines initially, at Little Whiteface chair and Summit. For part of the day they were loading Little Whiteface with every other chair, as usual when there's a big crowd.

I would say about 50% of the terrain was groomed - if it wasn't groomed it was tough going, huge mounds of deep snow, moguls - really had to pick and weave your way through there. The groomed trails in the morning were beautiful as you could really rip. Excelsior was groomed, not much for the mounds of snow and you could really rip through there. I heard Skyward in the morning was ok but got pretty beat up quickly - I could be wrong. Later in the day the precip turned more wet and it was a tad warmer and the snow really turned really wet and packed.

I think if you had a better attitude than me- it was good ....but I rushed out the door with the kids to get there early and waiting over an hour for the Facelift. I know what you are thinking .."oh you big baby - you drove 2 miles" :D
I also got attitude from some "suit" employee when I asked about the power. So I was kinda cranky for most of the day ...old grumpy man.

It's great up top today. Apparently it snowed a little last night.
1000011401.jpg

1000011402.jpg

1000011398.jpg

Slides open...
Yup. Dang...A couple feet of snow, slides open & a total eclipse. Who’d a thunk it?

Snow Report April, 6, 2024

Today’s Snow Reporter: Erik P.
The Slides (Slide 1 & Slide 2) are open, Silver Status until 2pm!
Ski Patrol will require avalanche precautions such as helmet, beacon, probe and shovel. Guests must be in groups of two or more and enter at Ski Patrol’s discretion.

Back