Whiteface Conditions

Screenshot 2024-03-08

Screenshot 2024-03-08

How was it today? I'm on travel for work in DC so of course it snows. On the plus side I'll manage to sneak in a few days in summit county later this week...taking the long way home.

How was it today? I'm on travel for work in DC so of course it snows. On the plus side I'll manage to sneak in a few days in summit county later this week...taking the long way home.
Pretty decent. Maybe 4-5 inches of heavy, leg burning, concrete at the summit when I got up there (3rd chair). I racked up 22 runs and shy of 34,000 feet of vert so definetly a leg burner day. Upper and lower McKenzie were runs of the day because upper was ropped off. Even ducked the rope to hit lookout below, no ragrets!

Just got here. Everything on wind hold as of 850, could have slept in a bit more. Let’s see how this day plays out lol. Snowing incredibly hard rn

Super good. Just wish we could get to the top!

WF was mostly good yesterday. Full spring conditions, good corn up high on Skyward, Niagara and Victoria. Mtn Run was ok, some good corn, some paste and gak though. Also w/o Little WF chair running it was a pita getting to Mtn Run and Wilderness because the racer lift was restricted to racers only early on, it did open up later. Wilmington trail was nice also but it, along with a lot of other trails are getting pretty thin in spots. Didn't bother w Parons, heard it was getting pretty bony and you could see that from the top of the Gondi. Gotta hope mother nature pulls a rabbit out of the hat soon. Looks cold next week or so but not seeing anything on the horizon as far as storms go. Get it while you can!

Attachments

• IMG_2071.JPG
    IMG_2071.JPG
    352.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2072.JPG
    IMG_2072.JPG
    266 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2074.JPG
    IMG_2074.JPG
    283.8 KB · Views: 63
WF was mostly good. Full spring conditions, good corn up high on Skyward, Niagara and Victoria. Wilmington trail was nice. Didn't bother w Parons
We did Wilmington twice. Rocks floating in snow but nice to be open. Saw some peeps ski a (closed) lookout below. Nicest snow seemed to be off Freeway in areas protected by but not raced on by race runs (all icy).
IMG_2749.JPG

Back