Whiteface Conditions

Rope on Lower Skyward was dropped. Lots of pops and whalebacks. A fun run today. With a lot of the traffic there and Niagara, I got a run on Paron's that was completely empty but with great snow. Wilderness was open from Wildwood (just down from mid on LWF chair. Guns were a bit damp, bit the snow was surprisingly good. Tower 10 hill (Lower Valley/Fox) was a gong show. Really good day overall.

Today was the best day ......blue skies, snow encrusted trees, no real lift lines to speak of (a little bit on summit), good fast runs. 2 Days in a row, this was a great Whiteface weekend. They are feverishly stock piling snow for this week's thaw. I'll take this weekend !

Today was the best day ......blue skies, snow encrusted trees, no real lift lines to speak of (a little bit on summit), good fast runs. 2 Days in a row, this was a great Whiteface weekend. They are feverishly stock piling snow for this week's thaw. I'll take this weekend !
I will 💯 agree with this! What a great day it was there today! Cloudspin, Wilderness, McKenzie, Upper and Lower Skyward...Oh MY!!⛷️:cool:

Hopefully they are working on Lookout mountain trails soon! I understand Lookout is usually the last to be done but that shouldn't always have to be the case That lookout chairlift does get a whole lot of down time.

I swear one season would be amazing if they did lookout first for snowmaking!

The Storm Skiing Podcast with Whiteface General Manager Aaron Kellett was also a good listen. They are exploring a potential new trail off of Lookout.

Heading out to Whiteface tomorrow, looking forward to getting to shred!

Why are they even considering adding any new trails when they don't have the snowmaking capacity to cover what they've got? Build a snowmaking pond before anymore new lifts, lodges, or trails.

According to the NYS Constitution, Whiteface has a maximum of 25 miles of trails ....how much of that limit is left ?

According to the NYS Constitution, Whiteface has a maximum of 25 miles of trails ....how much of that limit is left ?

According to the current UMP, Whiteface is rocking 18 miles of trail. UMPs are available here.

According to the current UMP, Whiteface is rocking 18 miles of trail. UMPs are available here.
From the most recent approved UMP.
1707139576987.png

Thanks. My bad.
Ya ain’t bad. Ya was real close.
They use 2 decimal places so it should imply some precision though.
As for accuracy, who knows.
It’s interesting to read the comments and responses in the UMPs.

Last edited:
Back