Whiteface Conditions

Where did you get that forecast from ? My weather.com has a lot of rain - i like yours better.

Where did you get that forecast from ? My weather.com has a lot of rain - i like yours better.
Propably at base elevation or town of Wilmington elevation. I’ll be there on Sunday-Monday and I’m hoping for the best. Jealous of how good northern vt mountains are looking rn

It's a POINT forecast. If you notice I put the elevation underneath the image.

In our weather center, all the NWS links (in the blue area below) are point forecasts that aim for at mid-mountain or higher. That's the easiest way to see if there's a CHANCE for snow.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 1.22.37 PM.png

You have to understand it's an optimistic view. That said, aren't you always looking for the place with the best chance?

Right now I'm thinking I take Monday off, drive the cabin Sunday, and make a game time call for WF or Gore right before bed, or in the am.

WF is the choice. It’s very close to the centerline- the viewing platform at the top of the gondola probably faces in the correct direction
Edit: assuming they have similar cloud cover

Wait are we talking... what are we talking about?

Back