47124B07-9EA6-46D4-85D5-8E4D5A83C0FE.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 911627F2-8501-499B-9D14-B597867943BA.jpeg
    911627F2-8501-499B-9D14-B597867943BA.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 98
  • C9EB27DE-3C7E-4153-BDB0-680DF5C42B68.jpeg
    C9EB27DE-3C7E-4153-BDB0-680DF5C42B68.jpeg
    308.5 KB · Views: 121
Beautiful conditions yesterday - no lines at all - get right on the lifts. At one point when the pond skimming contest was going on, the trails were literally empty. A good deal of ice on The Follies, the bottom of Bears Den was getting a bit beat up and Lower Boreen where it meets Brookside was getting a bit rough but that was the "worst" of it - small piles of mashed potatoes later in the day but was an awesome ski day ! Kids had a blast, sunny, warm enough - no complaints here. Sorry to see the season dwindling down.

Excellent spring skiing yesterday, started a little later in the am so things were nice and softened up by then. Skyward was excellent top to bottom as was Niagara even late in the pm. Mtn Run, Thruway excellent, Drapers was a blast doing big high speed GS turns. Wilmington was also really nice, took probably one of the last runs for the season on it right at 3:30. Patrollers were taking down the rope on Hoyts and taking sleds down to the bottom.
Good coverage everywhere for the most part but you can see the usual spots will be opening up big time with this weeks summer temps.
Web site shows that Kids Campus is done. If that is our last day on WF it will be a good ending but they will surely make it till sunday and hopefully the weekend of the 22nd.

Attachments

• IMG_1414.JPG
    IMG_1414.JPG
    441 KB · Views: 96
Wilmington was also really nice, took probably one of the last runs for the season on it right at 3:30. Patrollers were taking down the rope on Hoyts and taking sleds down to the bottom.
Wilmington was open for about 60 days this year, which is more Lookout days than I think any year since 2015. There is of course still much room for improvement. This needs to come in the form of opening it before February, and making snow on Hoyt's and Lookout Below.

Think they’ll make it through 4/22 weekend ?

Slides are open
There could be another reason folks call them The Slides.
"It was a controlled fall and a bit of a blessing. The deep soft snow cushioned the spill and though I could have stopped, I relaxed and rode down the rest of the way on my butt."

Think they’ll make it through 4/22 weekend ?
Skied today, what was a cloudy day with a bit of snowfall flakes up at the summit turned into a full on bluebird day. Early morning upper mountain trails were stiff but softened up pretty early on. Lower mountain trails are looking really rough, wouldn't be surprised if Sunday was the last day this year. Wall to wall coverage still on upper skyward, victoria, niagara, excelsior, mountain run, lower wilderness, approach to name a few.

Unless they want to shuttle people after this weekend really cloudsplitter Gondola and Summit chair i'd imagine could stay open. Trails further south past legacy lodge will be toast I think after this weekend.

Back