Whiteface Conditions

Lunchtime update:

Good conditions on everything I've skied so far. I have 9 runs so far. 5 on the gondola and 2 each on Summit and Lookout. Only real disappointment is that Paron's isn't open, despite the fact that they made snow on it, which means you can't get to the top of Cloudspin. All the trails with active snowmaking are skiing great. There's absolutely no reason it should be closed. If there are icy patches then mark them.

Also still low crowds. I got on the gondola in under 2 minutes at 11.

View attachment 18518

View attachment 18519

View attachment 18520

View attachment 18521
What woods are those, Sno? They look nice.

Empire , cloudsplitter, and 10 MD Glades open...
20230226_104041.jpg

20230226_104037.jpg

20230226_104149.jpg

Attachments

• 20230226_104224.jpg
    20230226_104224.jpg
    610 KB · Views: 116
Conditions were great this morning. Everything from Mountain run to Essex to Cloudspin to Skyward. Really a beautiful morning. Got chopped up fast but I think the cold dry nights sucked some of the moisture out of the snow the past few days so it was still good skiing the chop. As snoloco mentioned above, they really are hoarding a lot more giant mounds of snow than I've seen them do in the past. Let's hope for a long spring ski season.

Last edited:
I'd take you in (if, if, if). Slide 1, the first, is probably the easiest. Now, to get in.....
Best case is that you can get in like any other trail. Other cases are where you need probe, beacon, shovel and partner. Next is just a partner. Oddly, you don't actually have to ski with that "partner," you just need to get in the gate. I don't know/can't remember is there's a scenario where you need a probe, beacon, shovel but no partner.

Folks, maybe @MC2 especially, what sort of ability would you say is needed to ski the Slides? Maybe being able to go down Skyward with 6" of tracked powder and no visibility?

@Harvey this response should probably be moved....not sure where, though.
If it helps I have skied side country at Copper that you take a cat to and then hike 20-45 min before dropping in.

Back