What's for lunch

Leftovers from last night. I made sausage (sweet) and peppers as well as sausage (hot) sautéed with oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and broccolini. Decisions, decisions!

Leftovers from last night. I made sausage (sweet) and peppers as well as sausage (hot) sautéed with oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and broccolini. Decisions, decisions!
you eat well

mix it all together and go to town

you eat well
You do know your Italian well....and I grew up working in a red check table cloth pizzaria/Italian joint (high school) and then did the chef thing in the same guy’s higher end Italian restaurant (he converted his big home in Kent, NY, I helped him open the new place) while working two full time jobs post college graduation.

Broccoli Rabe > Broccolini (at least for the dish I wanted to make)....but Adams didn’t have the broccoli rabe.

Before my wife became a nurse she owned/operated her own restaurant. I consider myself very lucky that she still loves to cook and is g-d good at it.

I make chili and grill meat. That's as far as I go.

Raspberry muffins. My hair dresser has 400 feet of late blooming raspberries. I picked a quart yesterday, and ate probably close to that while I was picking. I still have have some left. I also made bacon cauliflower soup with truffle oil. Dinner was leftover Piggery sausages and corn. Gotta eat as much corn as possible right now! Two more nights of frost are not good for my sweet corn addiction!

I just had a really great baguette with some softened butter (needs to be soft to spread on hot bread and a few bites of S kase cheese from Cooperstown Cheese Company. I don't think I could live without bread...and good bread is one of the joys of life. There is a reason they call having a meal "breaking bread" with someone.

Almond butter and bacon on homemade sourdough.

bacon.jpeg

Back