What's for lunch

are you making dinner style rice pudding? that's the best

Hmmm....not sure! What makes a rice pudding diner-style?

I don’t bake mine. Arborio (or another medium grain) rice cooked in milk until most of the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Mixture of egg yolks, cream, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon..tempered with some of the rice liquid..goes in next. Cook it to a heavy cream consistency....then into a casserole dish to cool and go in the fridge.

Is that diner style?

For chocolate I added cocoa powder to the egg/cream/sugar mixture, then stirred in chocolate chips when it was done cooking.

Hmmm....not sure! What makes a rice pudding diner-style?

I don’t bake mine. Arborio (or another medium grain) rice cooked in milk until most of the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Mixture of egg yolks, cream, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon..tempered with some of the rice liquid..goes in next. Cook it to a heavy cream consistency....then into a casserole dish to cool and go in the fridge.

Is that diner style?

For chocolate I added cocoa powder to the egg/cream/sugar mixture, then stirred in chocolate chips when it was done cooking.

Yep..That's diner style...Like Kozy Shack...
no freak'n raisins..

Sorry no pictures it hard to figure that process out
From my delicious pizza place

Shrimp fettuccini???

Perch --- Love the local perch from around here
My people are from Minnesota. I learned to fish with my grandfather on Silver Lake. We used to throw perch back, but kept all the sunnies, bluegills and crappies. I was out of college before I learned that people actually eat perch.

Cheese steak and a slice with meatballs topped from great local pizza place delicious
I never had anything not taste great since moving to Middletown about 15 months ago
???????????

Runny egg on burger....(y). Honestly, the Farmhouse burger at the Cloudspin....one of the best burgers around, if they get the burger MR and the yolk runny. Doesn’t always happen, and even then it’s pretty good.

As for my lunch...made a batch of breaded chicken cutlets/chicken parm yesterday. Today I whipped up a quick tomato salad, with a spoonful of pesto for good measure, finished with a drizzle of balsamic reduction.

7D1C6C22-DF4C-4B3D-8FFE-F641C52F8611.jpeg

Runny egg on burger....(y). Honestly, the Farmhouse burger at the Cloudspin....one of the best burgers around, if they get the burger MR and the yolk runny. Doesn’t always happen, and even then it’s pretty good.

As for my lunch...made a batch of breaded chicken cutlets/chicken parm yesterday. Today I whipped up a quick tomato salad, with a spoonful of pesto for good measure, finished with a drizzle of balsamic reduction.

View attachment 6103
looks great..one of my fav dishes is veal milanese topped with a arugula and tomato salad

My people are from Minnesota. I learned to fish with my grandfather on Silver Lake. We used to throw perch back, but kept all the sunnies, bluegills and crappies. I was out of college before I learned that people actually eat perch.

No - no - no :eek:

Back