What is your dream?

my commute has always been around 10 Minutes, roughly 4 miles. at one point I used to walk to work. I understand for those who commute to NYC, this is not possible, but I don't think I could of done it. commuting is a major part of life, so i was adamant about keeping it under control. I am in the process of moving to the country. If i continue to work my new commute will be 15 miles, roughly 25 minutes. No traffic and two red lights. the thought of these extra miles is bothering me slightly. all relative i guess

my commute has always been around 10 Minutes, roughly 4 miles. at one point I used to walk to work. I understand for those who commute to NYC, this is not possible, but I don't think I could of done it. commuting is a major part of life, so i was adamant about keeping it under control. I am in the process of moving to the country. If i continue to work my new commute will be 15 miles, roughly 25 minutes. No traffic and two red lights. the thought of these extra miles is bothering me slightly. all relative i guess
+1000

I used to have an 11 minute commute to work. I was extremely spoiled. Now its around 35 mins but im an hour closer to ski areas. I'm a city boy so I think if I lived 2 hours outside the city I get bored. :(

I don’t even know what my commute consists of since I’m on the road most days. It’s usually 30-45 minutes from home to my first account but when I go to the office (50 miles) I have to give myself 2 hours to account for all the possible delays. I drive a lot. I’m having a better day than this guy though

67FF4EC2-6518-4144-B36E-770430F42F5B.jpeg

When I lived in Brooklyn and worked downtown I occasionally walked 60 minutes home over the Brooklyn bridge to my apartment. Mass transit was like 25 min. On an ice day before it became insane it was amazing.

When it snowed I would walk home, hitting few bars on the way. People would be stuck on the highway for hours.
One time they let all the folks out at noon cause of all the snow coming down. Lots of folks left then and many got stuck on 690 and the other roads. I stayed working for a few more hours then, put my ski clothes on in the car and walked to my sister’s house a couple miles away. On the way I helped push a lot of stuck vehicles out of their predicament. Got a ride back to work and was back home before some of the folks who had left at noon. Roads were just snow packed by then.

Maybe it's because I prefer things to be more tangible, but the thought of dropping anything near that kind of number for a box in the sky is, to me, absolutely insane.
What's amazing is that some people have *more* than 1 house that costs that much, or more. Hard to wrap my head around it. I just want a place with enough land around it that the neighbors won't complain when I crank up the guitar.

Back