Wayback Machine Ski Related Memories

I'm trying to picture what you mean about the two spots each to get on and off. Could you explain or do you have a pic?
Two loading stations. One at the bottom and one a third of the way up the line, near an on-Mountain restaurant. If the upper loading station was being used you would load every other chair at the bottom so people at the second loading station could fill in. In practice it was more challenging. People don’t listen or pay attention well enough for that system to work. People skied out in front of chairs that were already loaded, tried to unload at the upper loading station- all kinds of shit.

The Mad River Glen single chair has a mid-station like that. It works great because it's a single and no one ever uses it on busy days, but it's good on quiet days, especially when the lower mountain is thin.

mm

Yeah- plus there aren’t many beginners on the single. The Weasel serviced a lot of blue and green terrain so it got a lot of first-time-to-the-top business after morning lessons on the bunny slope. And a lot of people who were just casual skiers on vacation that left their brain in Sacramento or San Fran or wherever.

Steamboat, 96.
B8E4583B-DB9E-4365-8F69-7E3E62607A85.jpeg

That is a cool shot.

So far all images in this thread were NOT originally digital. I say we make it a thing. ?

Lookin good there. I’m not sure if I like the skinny skis or the headband more.

it was a sleeve I cut off an old t shirt. It helped keep that 90’s hair out of my face! :)

skis are Salomon F-9’s,198’s I believe. Ice poles, man those were nice!

Back