Total Solar Eclipse coming to NY: April 8, 2024

The worst traffic was Keene to Albany. It got better, far from great but better, after that. It took three and a half hours to get to about Saratoga from Wilmington. That was leaving Wilmington at 7:40PM.

"Attention All planets of the Solar System ,we now have returned to Regular Programming, we Have Assumed Control, We Have assumed Control"
  • Gore ski trip Sunday,
  • 2nd PT left kneezles session + finished up roof repair job from log damage due to a winter windstorm Moonday morning,
  • Total eclipsing with folks & dogs in the day-night Moonday afternoon,
  • NCAA champioship Goliaths hoops Moonday night...
Now onto Augusta⛳. Gonna be mid 70s and sunny today.🏌️‍♂️

There were millions of people up there. We had stop and go on the Northway at Glens Falls at 10:30am. Did not take that back, snaked down Rt.30 instead. That had an hour stop and go through Indian Lake.

There were millions of people up there. We had stop and go on the Northway at Glens Falls at 10:30am. Did not take that back, snaked down Rt.30 instead. That had an hour stop and go through Indian Lake.
We left Gore around 2:15pm Sunday.
Didn’t make it back to Oneida lake till dusk.
Much more ATV & motorcycle traffic than autos on some of the roads we took.
Sometimes ya gotta get out & stretch on a swing in the square too.
IMG_0599.jpeg

I should have stayed at our place. Neighbors told me the clouds were a not issue, spectacular on our street.

The website I found, estimated of totality at our place was spot on. 64 seconds.

I saw several just brutal fotos of the Northway and Route 73. Glad I had the luxury of staying local. Wispy clouds didn't obscure our view.

I left Whiteface at 4:15 Did not go down Keene Valley , took 9N to Elizabethtown, then down 9 to Schroon Lake. Ended up taking Rt 45 to North Creek then right past Gore to Rt 8 down across 17. Traffic across 17 from Binghamton to Middletown was crazy. Usually 4hrs 35 minutes from the Face to home down 87. I knew not to get on 87. Took me 7 hrs last night using the back roads.

Back