Today's Ride

1000005705.jpg

On my ride I've got 3 little roofs I can get under if it starts to pour. This is the third one, the smallest overhang, it's like 5 miles from my house. I'll stay under these things when it's pouring. This one is so thin my bike has to sit in the rain.

Last edited:
this is a cool road...it's a big problem...teton pass has some of the best biking and skiing in the country...also lots of people live in ID and work in Jackson
Indeed.

I bet they get it fixed before winter hits. There's a lot of big money in them parts and a community that can't afford to lose their employees. I'd think they could tap into some federal disaster relief funds or something like that.

I bet they get it fixed before winter hits.
Patched by end of October?
Tetons are “new” mountains & in a geologically sketchy zone.
Could also try to put in some avi barriers when WY22 is shut.
There's a lot of big money in them parts and a community that can't afford to lose their employees.
Yup. Summers are busier than winters there.
Might kickstart employee housing by exposing the lack thereof.

Whatabout two way shuttle busses for employees with biking/walking around the short problem area where the road slid out? Seems more efficient than having folks driving extra hours.

Ya could make good time on the downhill side by bike and charge an ebike battery with brake by wire. 🤔

Ya having any mudslides on yer bike trails in Idaho?

Patched by end of October?
Tetons are “new” mountains & in a geologically sketchy zone.
Could also try to put in some avi barriers when WY22 is shut.

Yup. Summers are busier than winters there.
Might kickstart employee housing by exposing the lack thereof.

Whatabout two way shuttle busses for employees with biking/walking around the short problem area where the road slid out? Seems more efficient than having folks driving extra hours.

Ya could make good time on the downhill side by bike and charge an ebike battery with brake by wire. 🤔

Ya having any mudslides on yer bike trails in Idaho?
They’re going to have to figure something out.

I haven’t seen any slides over here in Idaho. What a beautiful part of the country btw. The forests are incredible and there’s so much water everywhere. Being from Arizona I’m not used to things being so green.

They’re going to have to figure something out.
WDOT director says weeks not months for a short term detour.
Could be squirrely in the wintertime but that road most likely is on a good day.

Back