Today’s Paddle

Back at Silvermine for the Labor Day workout

33B6CDD4-E86C-4926-AD8A-F5E6034B2B21.jpeg

I would love to have a nice guide boat in my quiver but I just can’t justify the expense, especially since I don’t have a good out-of-the-sun storage option. Some day maybe.

I have entered the Ithaca Cardboard boat race, which is a fundraiser. I am not an engineer. I don't normally build things.

However, I am very proud of this. I have been stuck many times, thought, rethought and failed again. All it needs is a cross piece, black spray paint and some faux overly large googly eyes.

(Yes, I can swim, canoe and kayak. I will be wearing a life preserver. I also anticipate getting wet. :p)

Also, it's just Cardboard and duck tape.

Attachments

• 20220906_200628.jpg
    20220906_200628.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 59
I have entered the Ithaca Cardboard boat race, which is a fundraiser. I am not an engineer. I don't normally build things.

However, I am very proud of this. I have been stuck many times, thought, rethought and failed again. All it needs is a cross piece, black spray paint and some faux overly large googly eyes.

(Yes, I can swim, canoe and kayak. I will be wearing a life preserver. I also anticipate getting wet. :p)

Also, it's just Cardboard and duck tape.
Better use black flexseal.

And then, you stop and think. And realize that your elevated seat thing at the back of the boat is an invitation to sink. And you reevaluate again.

And then, you stop and think. And realize that your elevated seat thing at the back of the boat is an invitation to sink. And you reevaluate again.
That’s why the dang duck has an advantage.
Good luck in yer race.
Flex-tape the vessel and ya could be a contender.

That’s why the dang duck has an advantage.
Good luck in yer race.
Flex-tape the vessel and ya could be a contender.
I am not sure flex tape is legit.

I have used duck tape to wrap a horse's foot when it needed protection before going outside. I am going to base my waterproofing on that concept. (IOW, duck tape the heck out of it.)

Back