Today’s Paddle

I am not sure flex tape is legit.

I have used duck tape to wrap a horse's foot when it needed protection before going outside. I am going to base my waterproofing on that concept. (IOW, duck tape the heck out of it.)
Flex seal paint works. Maybe paint over the duck tape.

This is where I am at now. Apparently, I need about 6 more rolls of duck tape. My dad came up with I need 4 inches of displacement, but I think I underestimated the weight of the Cardboard.

And thanks, tj, but that paint is expensive. I don't care that much about winning, only staying dry.

Attachments

• 20220907_200339.jpg
    20220907_200339.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 75
This is where I am at now. Apparently, I need about 6 more rolls of duck tape. My dad came up with I need 4 inches of displacement, but I think I underestimated the weight of the Cardboard.

And thanks, tj, but that paint is expensive. I don't care that much about winning, only staying dry.
Have ya gave yer vessel a name yet?

Wonderifshe’llstaydry ...

Good luck Wonderpony.

Do you have a waterproof case for your phone. Just in case I think a lot of us are looking forward to pictures. That thing looks super fast.

Do you have a waterproof case for your phone. Just in case I think a lot of us are looking forward to pictures. That thing looks super fast.
Nope. I have never done this before and am just hoping stay dry. There are approximately 200 yards of duck tape on it, using my best hoof wrapping technique. My dad calculated the displacement at 3 inches. The cardboard is solid up to about 10 inches. Wish me luck!

I survived!!! Only my butt got wet, but it was a rainy day. Next year, I need to have a pointy front. My dad said I was pushing a lot of water, which is probably why I was so slow. But, I did not capsize or sink, which was my goal.

I should have pictures in the next day or so. This was a total blast. :)

I’m jealous. Cardboard boat races and shovel races at ski hills are both things that fascinate me for some reason

I survived!!! Only my butt got wet, but it was a rainy day. Next year, I need to have a pointy front. My dad said I was pushing a lot of water, which is probably why I was so slow. But, I did not capsize or sink, which was my goal.

I should have pictures in the next day or so. This was a total blast. :)
Lol that's awesome. Maybe you can save a piece of the sides and carve it into a keal for next year

Back