The Truck Thread

For Harvey 🙃😁
People who own pickups that climb in and out over the tailgate a lot eventually buy vans because their shins get beat up.

I called it with my “younger “ neighbor who is a carpenter .
I told him I give you a year or two. Sure enough 😂

Especially with the tall trucks these days.
Tailgates are fun nowadays.
All the Nissan Frontier had was an extend-a-bed thingy 🍺.

People who own pickups that climb in and out over the tailgate a lot eventually buy vans because their shins get beat up.

Working people.

How do the retired guys do, who throw their skis or mtb or garbage bags in the back once each day?

A minivan can be quite handy. I drove one for ten years before switching to an SUV. Put over 300,000 miles on it before the engine died.

My friend who lives in Boston is a DIY type. When her old minivan (10+ years) needed to be replaced a few years ago, she considered an SUV. Also considered a truck. Ultimately went with another minivan. Got a Toyota Sierra Hybrid. She moves wood for projects and such all the time. She drives with skis for day trips in New England. Has had to help people move in/out of houses and apartments a fair amount in recent years.

Everything is a trade off. Harv wants a pickup. Camp is right though. A full size is the way to go. Get a regular cab, 6 foot bed, one of those inflatable caps and platforms and you’re all set. You’ll be surprised how not- huge it is in that configuration

Working people.

How do the retired guys do, who throw their skis or mtb or garbage bags in the back once each day?

I agree about a short bed . I’m sure most of the time it will work out for you but if something slides out of reach like maybe a ski pole, you’ll have to climb in to reach it. I had a plastic bed liner years ago before they had spray on systems and nothing stayed where I put it.

I have no intention of ever sleeping in the bed of my truck so 5-1/2' short bed seems fine. amazing what a difference 6" makes (TWSS?) over the 5' taco bed though.
This truck is 1 trim package up from the last one so it came with an "old guy" bumper step and handle thingy 🍻, much better than busting my ass on a plastic folding stepstool!
Holds ski bag with 196cm skis, folding table, cooler and grill just fine in the winter. In the summer I have load bars and bike trays that sit just below the tonno cover for weekend rides and towing. I also carry the bike laying down in the bed concealed by the tonno cover for mid week rides when I pack up before work and have to park in town where I don't want the bike exposed. Only inconvenience is I have to remove the front wheel in both instances. Would love a hitch rack but it doesn't make sense because of towing.

I have no intention of ever sleeping in the bed of my truck so 5-1/2' short bed seems fine. amazing what a difference 6" makes (TWSS?) over the 5' taco bed though.
This truck is 1 trim package up from the last one so it came with an "old guy" bumper step and handle thingy 🍻, much better than busting my ass on a plastic folding stepstool!
Holds ski bag with 196cm skis, folding table, cooler and grill just fine in the winter. In the summer I have load bars and bike trays that sit just below the tonno cover for weekend rides and towing. I also carry the bike laying down in the bed concealed by the tonno cover for mid week rides when I pack up before work and have to park in town where I don't want the bike exposed. Only inconvenience is I have to remove the front wheel in both instances. Would love a hitch rack but it doesn't make sense because of towing.

Post a pic?

This truck is 1 trim package up from the last one so it came with an "old guy" bumper step and handle thingy
Yep, those things are cool

Here ya go Harv
bs.png

I'm sure I'll need that some day.

I was hoping to see a pic of Gorgo's new truck.

Back