The Things That Make Us Happy

i was thinkin'
Screenshot 2023-10-18 121444.jpg

My wife has been studying for months for a test that will allow her to be licensed in NY in her profession. (There are two different licenses for her field in the US, and NJ and NY use different tests.) She took her NJ test right after graduate school, and this test is like 20 years since her degree. Easy to understand why you might be intimidating taking this test, 20 years later, at age 52.

In addition, the NY test is known to be really tough. Half the people who take it fail, and you only need a 60% to pass. This has been hanging over her head for months.

It's a four hour test, and neither of us knew... it's all electronic, you get your results on the way out the door.

WE PASSED, so excited. When we move up my wife needs a job and health insurance, and this is a big step forward for us.

👏👏

My wife has been studying for months for a test that will allow her to be licensed in NY in her profession. (There are two different licenses for her field in the US, and NJ and NY use different tests.) She took her NJ test right after graduate school, and this test is like 20 years since her degree. Easy to understand why you might be intimidating taking this test at age 52.

In addition, the NY test is known to be really tough, half the people who take it fail, and you only need a 60% to pass. This has been hanging over her head for months.

It's a four hour test, and neither of us knew... you get your results on the way out the door.

WE F'ing PASSED, so excited. When we move up my wife needs a job and health insurance, and this is a big step forward for us.

👏👏
FKNA!

My wife has been studying for months for a test that will allow her to be licensed in NY in her profession. (There are two different licenses for her field in the US, and NJ and NY use different tests.) She took her NJ test right after graduate school, and this test is like 20 years since her degree. Easy to understand why you might be intimidating taking this test, 20 years later, at age 52.

In addition, the NY test is known to be really tough. Half the people who take it fail, and you only need a 60% to pass. This has been hanging over her head for months.

It's a four hour test, and neither of us knew... it's all electronic, you get your results on the way out the door.

WE PASSED, so excited. When we move up my wife needs a job and health insurance, and this is a big step forward for us.

👏👏
Excellent !! That great for you both.🎊

My grandson Doc Hondo currently practicing in Cali is also currently studying for his NY licensure .He hopes to move back and practice in Manhattan. He is committed thru Feb then Boom he's back

was also licensed in Vt for couple yrs before his Cali move . His then gf was working at Stanford but his heart and family.is in the city

So he' ll b skiing back in The Dacks and Greens

The Queen and i and his "rents" are super pumped he's coming back

Great music:

“We [ballad singers] are a different lot, a different herd. We buy and carry high priced instruments which are big and bulky, and which get scarred and destroyed at the first jolt, and we hit all the jolts… We are asked more to perform for free than for a fee, and we donate a part of our pay back to the good causes.”

[Text: Collected in “Pastures of Plenty,” ed. Marsh & Leventhal. Photo: Woody Guthrie, ca. 1945. Courtesy of the Woody Guthrie Archives.]

Back