The overland craze is out of control

The ONLY person in this entire forum that gets a Good Environment Merit Badge is Ripitz.

I'd like to see the data that supports this. Ripitz is amazing, there may be others. There are 400 forum members.

Just because we are the problem, doesn't mean we can't try to solve it, and live our lives too. We are building a new house in the next few years. We started with some lofty ideas about energy efficiency, but the cost adds up very fast. We have backed away from many of those ideas, because in the short term we just cant afford to pay for them. Still, this will be the most energy efficient house I've ever lived in by a big margin. The building code has raised the bar.

I'd like to see the data that supports this. Ripitz is amazing, there may be others. There are 400 forum members.

Just because we are the problem, doesn't mean we can't try to solve it, and live our lives too. We are building a new house in the next few years. We started with some lofty ideas about energy efficiency, but the cost adds up very fast. We have backed away from many of those ideas, because in the short term we just cant afford to pay for them. Still, this will be the most energy efficient house I've ever lived in by a big margin. The building code has raised the bar.
Yer house will done before and be greener than that there zip-coaster-anchor-attraction-thingy

Agree with this line of thinking. As individuals, we can do our part. I'm making changes at my house, too. Just because I drive big trucks doesn't mean I don't care, because I do.

Having spent some time recently looking for real estate in the Tri Lakes area, I can attest that there aren't that many passive solar houses on the market.

How did this evolve into a carbon debate? Wasn't it originally about people driving giant vehicles, especially those drivers that are incompetent and a public hazard?

Oh and lift kits and giant knobby tires on road driven pick ups? That's the fashion equivalent of baggy jeans worns half way down the ass with underwear showing. Both ridiculous

OK now me being serious Harv. There's a guy on YouTube "Undecided with Matt Ferrell" and he recently built a net zero home in new England. He did a very detailed series of videos and they are very well done. He also did a video of regrets and changes he would have done. You may find his insight highly valuable.

Back