The overland craze is out of control

So then shoot for 25 or 30. I'd like to see them do it.

I'd like to see the data that supports this. Ripitz is amazing, there may be others. There are 400 forum members.

Just because we are the problem, doesn't mean we can't try to solve it, and live our lives too. We are building a new house in the next few years. We started with some lofty ideas about energy efficiency, but the cost adds up very fast. We have backed away from many of those ideas, because in the short term we just cant afford to pay for them. Still, this will be the most energy efficient house I've ever lived in by a big margin. The building code has raised the bar.
My response was specifically about the complaints about full size trucks/suvs and how they are supposedly a menace to pedestrians, other drivers, and the environment. Ripitz was singled out for obvious reasons as the guy rides his bike EVERYWHERE.
FWIW two weeks I got a brand new Hyundai Tucson (gave my Kia Sorrento to my daughter) because its what I wanted. I no longer cart around a family as my kids are grown and I no longer have a house so I'm not hauling crap around. My only requirement was that my skis fit without poking thru the center console. I have had full size trucks and suv's in the past and absolutely loved them, and if I had decided to go back to one it's really no one else's concern, especially when in the same paragraph they say they feel "forced" to get one because its the only way to feel safe on the road. That's just a bullshit excuse. I have an extremely low tolerance for "do as I say, not as I do" people. My post was aimed squarely at them.

So then shoot for 25 or 30. I'd like to see them do it.
I think every big truck driver would, too. What makes it tough is the emission requirements we have. Not complaining about them, rather pointing that out. That said, part of needing a big truck is also realizing you'll only be getting 20 mpg, at best. Not sure why hybrid technology can't be incorporated into 3/4 ton trucks.

My wife didn’t fare so well. The doctors told her it was a soft tissue injury. They totally dropped the ball, after six months they discovered four bulging discs . They recommended fusion surgery but she refused . She’s been dealing with the pain for more than 20 years.
I'm sorry to hear about your wife, Sbob. Astounded that doctors missed the disc Issue.

On the other hand, when I worked as a personal trainer, I had one client who'd had spinal fusion surgery. He had an allergic reaction to the metal in the contraption they put in. Had all kinds of autoimmune issues.

I think every big truck driver would, too. What makes it tough is the emission requirements we have. Not complaining about them, rather pointing that out. That said, part of needing a big truck is also realizing you'll only be getting 20 mpg, at best. Not sure why hybrid technology can't be incorporated into 3/4 ton trucks.
What is the biggest hybrid truck? F150? Tundra? How big is it? Is your truck bigger?

I'm sorry to hear about your wife, Sbob. Astounded that doctors missed the disc Issue.

On the other hand, when I worked as a personal trainer, I had one client who'd had spinal fusion surgery. He had an allergic reaction to the metal in the contraption they put in. Had all kinds of autoimmune issues.

It took a year and a half for a doctor to finally decide to do an MRI . She had a nerve ablation to stop the headaches. At least that part was successful. Having four fused neck discs would limit her ability to move her head so that’s why she decided against surgery. Also the risks of losing her voice as the surgery would be done through the throat side.

Add in the wind resistance moving a brick shaped object through the air at 70 mph. 30 mpg gonna be a challenge.

Back