The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
age and other factors...
But is anybody checking for antibodies? That seems relevant and at this point testing is available, right? I’m not in any hurry for shot 4. I’d Like to know what my antibodies count is though.

But is anybody checking for antibodies? That seems relevant and at this point testing is available, right? I’m not in any hurry for shot 4. I’d Like to know what my antibodies count is though.
Come on brother , don't be afraid. Ya ever read the ingredients in your diet coke? and the whiskey/scotch that you love can run your car.. roll up that sleeve and get poked. just joking , i wasn't keen on the 4th one either

:cool::giggle:

Antibodies are "easily" measureable so they are measured. But other factors (T cells?) also effect your outcome, also raised by infection and vax but harder to measure.

You might have low antibodies, but still be pretty good to go. I think.

Whenever I get a headache I think I have covid. Then when it's gone in a few hours, I'm like YEA I BEAT IT!

Antibodies are "easily" measureable so they are measured. But other factors (T cells?) also effect your outcome, also raised by infection and vax but harder to measure.
T-cells can be measured. But knowing a measurement number is different from knowing what level is useful. T-cells and B-cells are directly related to generating new antibodies as I understand it.

Fair to say that with Omicron having only become dominant in the last few months, research has yet to catch up. Here are some articles related to T-cells but they were done mostly before the beginning of 2022 when Omicron started spreading widely in the USA and other countries around the world.

October 2021

February 2022

April 2022

Last edited:
Reactions: MC2
Donate blood to the Red Cross and they will give you the results.
My wife still in the highest antibody group , plasma can help Covid patients, 6 months since she had it.

New normal means an office mate who has two COVID positive kids at home, is testing negative with home tests, comes to work, and then tests positive with a real test.

I have done two at home tests, two real tests and cancelled plans because of this.

I got shot 4. Easiest one yet. Had maybe a half day of being tired.

My husband is postponing his until it's closer to the date of our daughter's wedding, but I'm gambling that the variant specific ones will be coming out by then and I'll get one of those as well. I think he's starting to push his luck as it's been 7 months.

The daughter and her fiance both just had COVID even though they were vaccinated and boosted. He was sick maybe a day. The problem was he couldn't skip work, so told people he had it, wore a mask, and told them to stay away. She of course had it pretty rough, but works from home, so also didn't miss work.... Much. I'm postponing allowing them to visit for a couple more weeks as they got it from friends who were supposedly no longer contagious and had tested negative.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back