The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang!!
I like it!!!
Can't take credit for "think global, act local." The co-founder and CEO of the only company I worked for after grad school was from the UK originally. He was one of my biostatistics professors before he decided to move away from academics and into industry. He would say it often as the company grew from a startup to a publicly traded company with almost 20,000 employees in multiple countries. Smart man.

One of the reasons I got to travel internationally as a working adult was because Quintiles had clients in Europe and started up operations in China by the 1990s. On top of lots of international travel with my parents growing up, it's easy for me to have some understanding of why "culture matters" during a pandemic.

Last edited:
When I say that some want to make masking permanent, shit like this is what I'm referring to.

When I say that some want to make masking permanent, shit like this is what I'm referring to.

Don't let shit like that bother you, lil buddy.

There are folks that want to ban pitbulls, too. I have a pitbull and he's one of the nicest dogs I've ever had.
Try not to let stupid shit from Portland Oregon bother you.

I def think masking served a purpose during this pandemic and was needed. Could it be needed again??? Don't know but I'll leave that up to others and respect their decision.

I just learned that a coworker of mine had his mother pass away due to COVID. It's still real.

This January is better than last, and way better than March 2020. Last January I couldn't travel. This year I've been to funerals and a wedding, and visited family all over the country. Just being vaccinated reduced my anxiety level, which is nice.

mm

Don't let shit like that bother you, lil buddy.

There are folks that want to ban pitbulls, too. I have a pitbull and he's one of the nicest dogs I've ever had.
Try not to let stupid shit from Portland Oregon bother you.

I def think masking served a purpose during this pandemic and was needed. Could it be needed again??? Don't know but I'll leave that up to others and respect their decision.

I just learned that a coworker of mine had his mother pass away due to COVID. It's still real.
How much life advice has been offered up to the guy over the years? How much has even registered?

IMO @snoloco 2.0 is most improved, including investing energy in seeing the other side.

He's still opinionated as fuçk, but who isn't?

IMO @snoloco 2.0 is most improved, including investing energy in seeing the other side.
I think you’re mistaking “seeing the other side” for “whining about the side he doesn’t like, creating strawmen, and not even reading the links he posts”:

Attachments

• B69DB773-7073-4B8F-A544-60CB05B5657A.jpeg
    B69DB773-7073-4B8F-A544-60CB05B5657A.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 36
I think you are focusing on all the things he still does that he always did. I am focusing on what has changed. If you don't see the difference, not sure what to tell you, you don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back