The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest excerpts from our FDA bout Pfizer-BioNTech’s vaccine:

The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is a vaccine and may prevent you from getting COVID-19. There is no U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved vaccine to prevent COVID-19.
It is your choice to receive the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.
The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine may not protect everyone.
The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is an unapproved vaccine that may prevent COVID-19. There is no FDA-approved vaccine to prevent COVID-19.
The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is an unapproved vaccine. In clinical trials, approximately 23,000 individuals 12 years of age and older have received at least 1 dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.
In an ongoing clinical trial, the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine has been shown to prevent COVID-19 following 2 doses given 3 weeks apart. The duration of protection against COVID-19 is currently unknown.
Revised: 12 August 2021

See:

Here's something Tim Miller wrote in a newsletter that found my in box. It pretty much sums up what I think about the whole vaccination issue.

1. The Vaxxed are Pissed

At this point, just having to talk about the state of the unvaccinated gets me pissed. And clearly, I’m not alone.

Whether it is hearing from friends who work in hospitals and are getting worn down by patients and family members who aren’t heeding their professional advice on the vaccine; worrying about a kid entering school this fall and having to mask; or looking at the death chart and finding hundreds of totally unnecessary deaths every day.

It’s all rage-inducing.

Consider this - despite having a damn miracle drug that all but eliminates deadly risk from the virus - there are still more deaths every single day in this country than assholes with massive platforms claimed there would be for the entire pandemic! And yet these same human sphincters continue spreading their lies, utterly remorseless.

Just typing this shit has my blood boiling.

So when I read JVL in this space last week calling for the end of the vaccine wars, I had a visceral negative reaction. As the saying goes, even a clock that is always right, is wrong twice a day (or something like that).

I utterly reject his call to let the unvaxxed lay down their unjabbed arms in peace.

We cannot continue to sit idly by as thousands die a week for no damn reason. We cannot continue to let our lives be hijacked by anti-vax charlatans and their enablers.

The politicians who facilitate such carnage must pay the price politically.

It’s past time for Democrats and the smattering of actively pro-vax GOP governors to up the ante and wage a pro-vaccine culture war of their own.

It starts with additional vaccine mandates, ASAP.

I'm fitter than most. Sticking with your logic. 2.5 billion vaccines have been administered. .0002 have had negative effects. You must see the positive impacts of it.

"While stereotypes about those with higher education levels or certain ethic groups more likely to get the vaccine abound, the new research did not always fit those notions. During the 5-month study period, those with a high school education showed the most movement toward vaccination and away from their previous hesitancy. The eye-opener: By May, the group with PhDs were more hesitant than those with lower educational levels."

I'm fitter than most. Sticking with your logic. 2.5 billion vaccines have been administered. .0002 have had negative effects. You must see the positive impacts of it.
It's early in the game. I'd rather wait a year or two - not unreasonable as most vaccines must undergo several years of testing. Think Thalidomide (i.e. "flipper arms")...or the drug that my wife's mother took that greatly increases my wife's chance of getting cervical cancer. That said, stay fit my friend...better than any drug IMHO!

Latest excerpts from our FDA bout Pfizer-BioNTech’s vaccine:

The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is a vaccine and may prevent you from getting COVID-19. There is no U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved vaccine to prevent COVID-19.
It is your choice to receive the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.
The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine may not protect everyone.
The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is an unapproved vaccine that may prevent COVID-19. There is no FDA-approved vaccine to prevent COVID-19.
The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is an unapproved vaccine. In clinical trials, approximately 23,000 individuals 12 years of age and older have received at least 1 dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.
In an ongoing clinical trial, the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine has been shown to prevent COVID-19 following 2 doses given 3 weeks apart. The duration of protection against COVID-19 is currently unknown.
Revised: 12 August 2021

See:

"While stereotypes about those with higher education levels or certain ethic groups more likely to get the vaccine abound, the new research did not always fit those notions. During the 5-month study period, those with a high school education showed the most movement toward vaccination and away from their previous hesitancy. The eye-opener: By May, the group with PhDs were more hesitant than those with lower educational levels."
Hmm...imagine that! Why on earth would a PhD be vaccine hesitant? Educated idiots???

Hmm...imagine that! Why on earth would a PhD be vaccine hesitant? Educated idiots???
To be fair, grad schools have been filled for years with folks who couldn’t get a great job with a bachelors degree.
I wouldn’t call them educated idiots though.
Maybe just folks who’d rather learn & hang at campuses than work ("at a job that’s beneath them”).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back