The Mouse Thread

Thomas caught the (tiny) field mouse in our kitchen last night and brought it to me while I was watching The Godfather. I walked it 100 yards from our house and let it go to fight another day.
I neglected to report on the conclusion to my mouse story. As mentioned above, I let the mouse go a football field from my house and two days later the bugger returned! I bought a couple of these traps and he somehow evaded them for a week before finally giving in to the temptation of guberment cheese. It's impressive how much torque these traps have compared to the old-school wooden ones -- like plastic guillotines!

1703847531823.png

This looks like fun:

I bought one a d it hasn't done squat.... Victor traps have gotten all my mice so far.

This looks like fun:

My buddy made one like this for his house in Maine. Worked great.
Homemade Bucket Trap

Last edited:
I bought one a d it hasn't done squat.... Victor traps have gotten all my mice so far.
You are using then wrong then. I've caught countless mice squirrels chipmunks and even a few birds with it. Put some birdseed on the ramp and on the platform and they will come. Put water in it. The smell is horrible is you don't.

FWIW, I caught a few mice with a Victor trap that I put right next to a Grandpa Gus pouch. That was a month ago. Haven't seen too many since though.

Back