The Mouse Thread

Thomas caught the (tiny) field mouse in our kitchen last night and brought it to me while I was watching The Godfather. I walked it 100 yards from our house and let it go to fight another day.

View attachment 21684
I guess that’s considered better than dumpin a bag of dead rats on yer neighbor's porch, allegedly.
"The Neighbor Dispute: Scott, 69, was convicted in April 2003 of tampering with his Elbridge neighbors' property, harassing them and throwing a bag of dead rats on their porch. He was sentenced in July 2004 to two, consecutive one-year terms in the Onondaga County Correctional Facility in Jamesville."

It made the news awhile ago in The UpState.

I'm thinking you've thinned them out, sure you may have a straggler, but hang in there. A good trapper must have patience.
Low temps last night in the single digits yielded 2 more. On a better note, I think I've found the spot where they're getting into the house. Gotta get me some steel mesh and caulk.

There's a rock 'n' roll lyric for every occasion.... This morning: "And another one's gone. another one's gone, another one bites the dust." The count is now 8.

corpse.jpeg

Last edited:
This looks like fun:

Back