The Jay Peak Saga

Stenger is telling the truth about the State of VT. Hopefully, the other law suits will get to the guilty state employees. They knew what was going on and failed to audit. The question is who decided to ignore all the alarms and not monitor the program.

The Vermont Digger keeps on diggin.

Interesting. It ain't over 'till it's over, and then it's not over, it seems.

I think there is some truth to what Stenger claims.
Why is he saying it now? Seems like more than a little absolving one's self of responsibility.

The Jay Peak news doesn't seem to die. Good work from VTDigger. This story must net them some good contributions.

Interesting. It ain't over 'till it's over, and then it's not over, it seems.
Stenger’s out of jail and his son said they’re going to Mc'D’s drive through for some fries.

"“Just under 7 years ago a long, complicated journey started for my father and our family,” Andrew Stenger wrote. “I’m extremely grateful to report the journey is finally over. Next stop - large fries at Mc’Ds drive through.”"

Takes some nerve, It's not my fault, the government should have known I was going to scam them if they let me. Wow!
Vermont knew more of what was going on than they let on and turned a blind eye to it. There has been underlying info about this throughout the entire time frame.

The Digger keeps on bringing up the dirt in Vermont.
This article highlights some of what VT ignored.

"Two recently released state memos show the Securities and Exchange Commission warned state regulators in 2015 about fraudulent activity throughout the Jay Peak ski area developments, the Burke Mountain ski area and AnC Bio Vermont."

"On Feb. 4, 2015, the SEC officials provided detailed information to Pieciak and Smith about fraudulent activity at Jay Peak. Ariel Quiros, the owner of the resort, had misappropriated millions of dollars from foreign EB-5 investors to buy the resort, then used funds from every subsequent phase of the development to backfill previous projects. All of the projects at Jay Peak, Burke and AnCBio were tied up in the fraud, according to Smith’s memo."

VT still approved the AnC Bio Vermont project despite the SEC warnings.

Back